The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking to hire a junior Associate to join the Commercial Lending practice group in the Banking and Financial Services Department in the New York office. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience representing lenders and/or borrowers in commercial lending transactions at a law firm, bank or finance company, and be familiar with intercreditor issues relating to loan transactions.
Specific examples of desired experience, and prior or current representations, include the following:
· Representing lenders and/or borrowers in lending transactions; in particular, secured ABL and Sponsor Finance acquisition loans, from structuring through documentation and closing
· Experience with Uni-tranche transactions, First Lien and Second Lien deals, and work-outs and restructurings
· Drafting and negotiating credit agreements, security documents, intercreditor agreements and subordination agreements
· Conducting due diligence from lender’s counsel perspective in connection with acquisition finance transactions
· Familiarity with UCC Article 9 and the relevant provisions of the bankruptcy code as they relate to lending transactions such as preferences, fraudulent conveyances, adequate protection, etc.
· Experience with equity investments, particularly equity and debt venture capital, is desirable but not essential.
Candidates must be admitted to and a member in good standing of the New York bar.
The ability to simultaneously handle multiple time-sensitive transactions is essential; as is the ability to work independently. Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues to clients, key business stakeholders and other deal team participants is required. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, analytical and drafting skills as well as solid academic credentials.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.
About Chapman and Cutler LLP
Since its founding in 1913, Chapman and Cutler LLP has focused on finance. The firm has represented market participants in all aspects of banking, corporate finance and securities and public finance transactions since its inception. That mission and focus continue to this day.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).