The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Biotech, General Commercial/Contracts, Intellectual Property
We represent a clinical stage gene therapy looking to hire an attorney to
report to the General Counsel and manage a wide range of responsibilities with a strong focus on transactional intellectual property matters, including supporting the company’s pre-clinical, clinical, business development, manufacturing, and research and development operations.
- Provide high quality, timely and practical legal advice and support, identify and resolve critical legal and business issues arising from various transactions within pre-clinical, clinical, business development, manufacturing, and research and development.
- Support the company’s US- and Europe-based teams on licensing technology across both the academic and business sectors, developing strategic partnerships and conducting clinical trials, and the protection and evolution of the company’s IP portfolio.
- Work on a diverse set of issues involving day-to-day transactions including intellectual property, compliance, regulatory matters, clinical trials, and manufacturing.
- Lead the negotiation and drafting of a wide range of agreements, including licensing agreements, collaboration agreements, clinical trial agreements, manufacturing agreements, consulting and services agreements and material transfer agreements.
- Advise on general corporate and business law matters from time-to-time, including real estate/facilities, employment, privacy, finance and investor relations.
- At least 8 years of legal experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Law firm and in-house experience preferred, but law firm candidates will be considered.
- Extensive experience representing life science companies in complex transactions involving their intellectual property, including licensing, collaboration, commercial, and clinical trial agreements.
- Scientific background a plus but not required.
About The PeterSan Group
In 1994, Sandrea Friedman, Peter Goldfeder and Peter Gosule founded The PeterSan Group, one of the nation’s premier legal search and consulting firms. We are a full service legal search firm, placing attorneys in all facets of the legal market. Our team of experienced legal search consultants services all our clients’ hiring needs in a professional and timely manner.
We work closely with our clients to establish a comprehensive understanding of the particular needs of every search. We then conduct each search in a highly confidential and professional manner. Our comprehensive and state-of-the-art database enables us to efficiently match the most qualified attorneys for each search. For attorneys, that means we provide individualized attention and offer career alternatives that make sense for that person’s particular goals. For employers, that means we will introduce a select group of attorneys who are truly what you’re looking for.
The PeterSan Group has unmatched depth in in-house placement. From General Counsel, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Chief Compliance Counsel, and Heads of Corporate and Litigation to more junior searches, we have helped hundreds of attorne...ys make the transition to in-house practice.
Searches are conducted on a retainer or contingency fee basis. Our clients include leading law firms worldwide as well as financial institutions, investment banks, consumer product, aerospace, chemical, healthcare, pharmaceutical, entertainment, new media, and other Fortune 500 companies.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).