The FMR LLC Legal Department is seeking to hire a senior attorney to join the Litigation, Employment Law Group (“ELG”). This team is responsible for all labor and employment law matters across Fidelity’s global financial services and venture investment business including advisory, internal investigative and employment litigation matters, the employment aspects of corporate acquisitions and divestitures, domestic and international business start-ups and wind-downs, and corporate reorganizations, executive compensation, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements and enforcement; complex and routine employment litigation and labor relations matters.
The Purpose of Your Role
As an experienced employment attorney you work independently on a variety of advisory, internal investigative and employment litigation matters for specified client group(s) and business partners. The position requires the application of both a full range of federal, state and international labor and employment laws as well as diverse securities rules and regulations applicable to employee conduct within Fidelity’s financial services and venture investment businesses.
The Skills You Bring
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws, including those pertaining to employment discrimination, retaliation and accommodation; leaves of absence; wage/hour and payroll; worker classification; whistleblowing; data privacy; layoffs and plant closings; workplace injury; credit and criminal checks; waivers of claims.
- Ability to independently advise senior executives and HR business partners on a full range of employment matters
- Demonstrated success in litigating both complex and routine employment and labor matters.
- Superior analytical, writing, oral communication, research, investigatory, advocacy, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Exceptional judgment when weighing both legal and business risk
- Commitment to excellence