The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking an experienced Associate Attorney to join our Corporate Finance practice in the Firm's Chicago office. The successful candidate will have at least two years of experience in transactional work, corporate law or finance law at a large or mid-size law firm, in-house law department or financing company.
Examples of specific types of desired experience include the following:
· Representing insurance companies, banks and financial institutions in private placements (both domestic and cross-border)
· Providing advice to clients on secured and unsecured finance transactions, including equipment leasing
· Drafting and negotiating offering and transaction documents and financing statements
· Advising clients on the acquisition or sale of portfolios of financial assets
· Experience as debt counsel in traditional, leveraged, synthetic and/or capital lease transactions
· Understanding of commercial and securities law issues as they relate to finance transactions
· Representing parties in financing transactions with a broad range of asset classes
The candidate should also possess impressive academic credentials; the ability to simultaneously negotiate and efficiently handle multiple projects; strong interpersonal, analytical, oral communication and writing skills as well as superior negotiating skills; and an understanding of business, industry and market issues. Candidate must be a member in good standing or eligible to waive into the Illinois Bar.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of representative transactions/engagements. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.
About Chapman and Cutler LLP
Since its founding in 1913, Chapman and Cutler LLP has focused on finance. The firm has represented market participants in all aspects of banking, corporate finance and securities and public finance transactions since its inception. That mission and focus continue to this day.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).