The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Corporate Generalist, General Commercial/Contracts
Our client is a dynamic packaging solutions company that is seeking an experienced attorney who will be responsible for the creation and management of the commercial contracts that are critical to their global operations.
Responsibilities for this role will include the following:
• Negotiating, preparing, reviewing and editing all types of commercial contracts and related documents in support of the company’s global business needs and initiatives, including client service agreements (letters of engagement, master services agreements and client-furnished documents), NDAs, vendor agreements, referral and business development consultant agreements, marketing agreements, technology, data privacy and other agreements.
• Create templates and establish and manage procedures to efficiently facilitate the preparation and review of a significant amount of contract workflow.
• Identify contract issues and counsel business colleagues on the legal and business risks associated with client and vendor engagements.
• Coordinate with outside legal counsel, as may be necessary, to address various legal matters such as international agreements, intellectual property matters and specific contractual issues.
• Provide corporate governance support, including assisting in the governance of compliance with contractual obligations.
• Provide regular reports to legal and executive management regarding contract status.
• Advise management on significant legal issues impacting business activities to facilitate risk assessment and developing practical business solutions.
• JD degree, admission to and good standing with one or more state Bars.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience.
• Transactional law firm experience and/or in-house experience is a must.
About The PeterSan Group
In 1994, Sandrea Friedman, Peter Goldfeder and Peter Gosule founded The PeterSan Group, one of the nation’s premier legal search and consulting firms. We are a full service legal search firm, placing attorneys in all facets of the legal market. Our team of experienced legal search consultants services all our clients’ hiring needs in a professional and timely manner.
We work closely with our clients to establish a comprehensive understanding of the particular needs of every search. We then conduct each search in a highly confidential and professional manner. Our comprehensive and state-of-the-art database enables us to efficiently match the most qualified attorneys for each search. For attorneys, that means we provide individualized attention and offer career alternatives that make sense for that person’s particular goals. For employers, that means we will introduce a select group of attorneys who are truly what you’re looking for.
The PeterSan Group has unmatched depth in in-house placement. From General Counsel, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Chief Compliance Counsel, and Heads of Corporate and Litigation to more junior searches, we have helped hundreds of attorne...ys make the transition to in-house practice.
Searches are conducted on a retainer or contingency fee basis. Our clients include leading law firms worldwide as well as financial institutions, investment banks, consumer product, aerospace, chemical, healthcare, pharmaceutical, entertainment, new media, and other Fortune 500 companies.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).