The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Our client is a dynamic electric vehicle company that is seeking their first in house lawyer. This person will interact with senior management on a regular basis and we are seeking an entrepreneurial attorney to join their team.
Responsibilities for this role will include the following:
• Drive the preparation and filing of SEC Section 16 beneficial ownership reports (Forms 3, 4, and 5)
• Ensure all filings are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations (10-Ks, 10Qs, proxy statements, etc.)
• Legal support for financing activities and all capital markets activity.
• Provide legal oversight for Company’s equity administration function.
• Draft, negotiate and/or review agreements, including HR and employee relating agreements. Oversee agreement approval process.
• Assist with corporate secretary duties, including preparation of meeting minutes, preparation for board meetings and annual shareholder meeting.
• Assist with business development and transactional matters, including agreement drafting and review, due diligence, integration.
• Cultivate strong partnership with Finance team and other business stakeholders in support of cross-functional, strategic priorities.
• Work collaboratively and creatively with business stakeholders in identifying, assessing and mitigating risk.
• Develop and implement the policies and procedures related to legal matters and regulatory affairs
• Ensure company compliance with securities regulations and corporate governance requirements
• Manage outside counsel and outside legal expenses
Successful candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
-Six to ten years of major law firm experience with significant expertise in securities law, more specifically 10-Ks' 10-Q's, 34 Act
-A strong academic record from top schools
-Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm for working in a hard charging organization
-A strong business acumen
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: Successful candidate would be able to work remotely in the interim
About The PeterSan Group
In 1994, Sandrea Friedman, Peter Goldfeder and Peter Gosule founded The PeterSan Group, one of the nation’s premier legal search and consulting firms. We are a full service legal search firm, placing attorneys in all facets of the legal market. Our team of experienced legal search consultants services all our clients’ hiring needs in a professional and timely manner.
We work closely with our clients to establish a comprehensive understanding of the particular needs of every search. We then conduct each search in a highly confidential and professional manner. Our comprehensive and state-of-the-art database enables us to efficiently match the most qualified attorneys for each search. For attorneys, that means we provide individualized attention and offer career alternatives that make sense for that person’s particular goals. For employers, that means we will introduce a select group of attorneys who are truly what you’re looking for.
The PeterSan Group has unmatched depth in in-house placement. From General Counsel, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Chief Compliance Counsel, and Heads of Corporate and Litigation to more junior searches, we have helped hundreds of attorne...ys make the transition to in-house practice.
Searches are conducted on a retainer or contingency fee basis. Our clients include leading law firms worldwide as well as financial institutions, investment banks, consumer product, aerospace, chemical, healthcare, pharmaceutical, entertainment, new media, and other Fortune 500 companies.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).