The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
In this remote position, the Corporate Counsel provides a full range of company-wide legal analysis, advice and solutions to the organization under the direction of the General Counsel. The position is responsible for making and enacting legal decisions that have a far reaching impact on the company and its performance. This includes working in a wide variety of legal areas, including employment matters, contracting, health care regulatory matters, and corporate governance across 40+ states. The Corporate Counsel will be a key partner to the business, with the need to understand the strategy and trajectory of the company and to assist the business with solutions to reach our collective short and long-term goals and initiatives. The Corporate Counsel will be responsive and provide actionable legal advice to internal clients at all levels of the company.
- Investigates, researches and provides general legal advice concerning a broad range of questions and circumstances which arise in the Company’s day-to-day business activities, operations and health care compliance. Makes and enacts legal decisions that impact the Company and its performance.
- Works with the Human Resource Department on matters related to employee relations, FMLA, ADA and compliance with employment laws.
- Assists in research, review, analysis, drafting, negotiation, and approval of various documents, contracts, policies, procedures and obligations to which the Company is or may become a party.
- Reviews and manages contested matters as well as open litigation as directed by the General Counsel as well as SVP, Legal to minimize exposure to the Company and educates management as to how to avoid future litigation.
- Assists, as directed, in connection with providing legal guidance to the organization on joint ventures, and related due diligence.
- A member in good standing of the state bar in which the individual works/resides.
- 5+ years of legal experience in a corporate legal department or law firm, which provided counsel to a corporation on a variety of legal matters.
- 5+ years of experience practicing labor/employment law, and drafting and negotiating general business contracts.
- Ability to distinguish the relevant facts, ask appropriate questions, assimilate and analyze the information and apply legal relationships.
- Ability to synthesize all facets of a problem and draw effective conclusions, bot for the short and long-term.
- Knowledge of health care and/or regulatory law.
- Experience working in healthcare compliance.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Alliance Healthcare Services
We are the leading provider of radiology, oncology and interventional healthcare services. Our customers include hospitals, health systems and physician groups, with whom we share the mutual goal of best-in-class service, referring provider satisfaction and exceptional patient care. Using a differentiated business model, we create opportunities for additional market share, growth and clinical excellence for our customers. Our impact extends to the communities we serve – driving better value, better care and positive health outcomes.
At Alliance, we intentionally live our values:
Serve with Compassion
Stay Focused on the Customer
Be an Extraordinary Teammate
Take Personal Ownership
At our core, we are a people company; powered by an incredible team – making an incredible difference.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).