The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Corporate Counsel in the LSG - Legal Services Group. In this position you will have the opportunity to provide in-house legal support to senior legal staff in complex corporate, finance and capital market transactions, provide routine legal services across multiple operating groups, as necessary, and have primary responsibility for Membership matters and state corporate filings.
As a Corporate Counsel, you will:
• Drafts loan documents, contracts, other legal documentation, correspondence, resolutions, opinions and general corporate documents and agreements. • Coordinates and monitor Membership applications, withdrawal and maintenance processes. • Identifies areas of legal risk and provide advice to business representatives. • Independently reviews, drafts, negotiates and provides legal advice on routine vendor and other contracts. • Maintains strong relationship with internal stakeholders, committees and task forces in order to provide legal advice and appropriate training on legal topics. • Performs legal research on various topics, analyze impact and provide recommendations and represent organization as applicable. • Prepares state corporate filings and monitors state registration requirements.
To be successful, you will need:
• JD from an ABA accredited law school. • Active member of a state bar. • Minimum of 5 years of experience in securities, corporate governance, commercial lending or corporate finance in a law firm or as in-house counsel. • Working knowledge of one or more specialty areas including capital markets, commercial lending, vendor contracts and corporate law. • Advanced MS Office Suite, document management software and internet research skills. • Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain legal concepts succinctly to non-legal staff. • Proven legal analysis and legal writing skills. • Proven ability to negotiate and represent the interests of the company in a professional manner and in accordance with corporate policies and practices. • Proven ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks without daily supervisory oversight. • Ability to work with standard office equipment. • Proven attention to detail and organizational skills. • Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as cooperatively in a team environment. • Ability to quickly learn, understand and apply legal and business concepts to daily work assignments.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
CFC provides exceptional services that go beyond the balance sheet to meet the ever-changing needs of our member-owners in a dynamic environment.
These services include:
- Long-term shelf financing for electric infrastructure, such as distribution lines and power generation projects
- Emergency lines of credit so power can be restored quickly after natural disasters
- Specialized financing including loan syndications and loan resales through Farmer Mac and other partners
- Strategic planning and financial analysis
- Financial education and training
And much more
By delivering unparalleled industry expertise, flexibility and responsiveness, we help our members maintain a sophisticated system of electricity resources that covers 56 percent of the United States' land mass.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).