The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
This attorney position will function as a member of the Textron Aviation legal team and will be embedded with the integrated supply chain team working directly with business counterparts. It will advise the strategic and tactical procurement teams and senior management on issues pertaining to commercial contracts, supplier issues, intellectual property, international transactions, company policies, applicable law and regulations, and other issues related to the procurement of goods and services.
The successful candidate must be an approachable and proactive legal business partner with an “open door” attitude. Demonstrated expertise in complex global procurement and supply chain contract transactions for both commercial and government product programs is necessary. Experience in the aviation industry is preferred.
I. To build positive, trusted, and influential relationships with management, business teams, and peers across Textron Aviation.
II. Advise supply chain team on legal and commercial issues related to product development, manufacturing, product support, product quality and reliability, IP and procurement.
III. Partner with business leaders to identify legal risks, develop risk mitigation strategies for procurement, and ensure alignment and consistency.
IV. Identify and participate in cross-functional process improvements with overall goal of simplifying and accelerating business objectives.
V. Negotiate with suppliers on complex contracts supporting both commercial and government programs.
VI. Provide strategic advice on the application and enforcement of contract terms in supplier disputes.
VII. Review, interpret, and assist with negotiations of contract documents to determine contractual obligations, including governmental regulations, and company contracting guidelines for time-critical procurement needs.
VIII. Review other contracting requirements with necessary stakeholders, including finance, risk management, engineering, and other functional groups.
IX. Confer with legal department subject matter experts on matters such as litigation and compliance.
X. Perform a variety of intellectual property due diligence and transactional work primarily related to procurement activities.
XI. Develop and deliver training on various preventive and substantive legal matters for leadership and the business.
XII. Prepare synopses and informational documents for both in-house and outside party use.
XIII. Participate in and support other legal matters and activities, as required.
· Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school and eligible for admission to the Kansas bar.
· 10+ years of experience involving a full range of commercial contract issues.
· A minimum of 7 years law firm or in-house legal relevant procurement and/or intellectual property experience. Equivalent experience as federal government contracts counsel will be considered.
· Experience in the aviation industry is preferred.
· The innate ability to collaborate with the business and peers to drive transactions toward completion.
· Exceptional problem solving skills, strategic thinking and business acumen.
· Proven track record of confronting and successfully resolving complex legal, commercial, and compliance matters with significant financial and business impact.
· Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks; lead strategically, and propose or advance innovative solutions.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively, work diplomatically, be approachable, and foster relationships with individuals at all levels including internal contacts, outside attorneys and vendors.
· Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options regarding complex legal issues.
· Extensive knowledge of and experience with contract law and the UCC and with analysis, drafting and negotiation of contracts and contract claims.
· Working knowledge of the FCPA and other government laws and regulations.
· Inspires trust and confidence throughout the organization; a drive to deliver quality results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously with a minimum amount of supervision.
· A team player with an open, mature and positive personality who is willing to share and communicate information effectively.
· Must have strong work ethic and a desire to consistently perform at the highest levels of competence.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).