The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Our client is a dynamic biopharmaceutical company that is seeking an experienced patent attorney to join as their VP, Intellectual Property. In this role, the individual will work closely with colleagues in pre-clinical and clinical development, manufacturing development, strategy and business development, alliance management and legal. This position represents a highly strategic role and will report to the General Counsel.
· Manage all aspects of intellectual property portfolio and strategy
· Identify opportunities for expanding company's intellectual property position working with various members of the R&D, business development, legal and other teams to support portfolio development and other business concerns
· Lead the drafting, filing, and prosecuting of patent applications (US and foreign patent offices) in collaboration with external counsel
· Perform patentability, infringement, and freedom-to-operate reviews in order to provide guidance on key business and R&D matters
· Provide strategic IP due diligence and transactional support for a wide variety of transactions and agreements, including acquisitions, licensing transactions, joint venture and joint research and development collaborations, sponsored research agreements,
· Review proposed publications and other public presentations prior to release
· Support competitive intelligence efforts by monitoring external developments around key programs/technologies and conducting IP and exclusivity analyses of competitor portfolios
· Manage outside patent counsel in the development, review, and implementation of IP and exclusivity strategies and related legal activities
Candidates must have the following requirements in order to be considered:
· JD and an MS or PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field
· At least 7 years of directly relevant experience, including top-tier patent law firm and in-house IP experience
· The ideal candidate will have a broad range of patent-related legal experience, including patent preparation and prosecution, IP due diligence, transactional IP support, experience with collaboration partner IP relationships and strategic planning
· Experience with Hatch Waxman law and regulatory exclusivities is a plus
Additional Salary Information: A strong compensation package, including equity, will be offered.
About The PeterSan Group
In 1994, Sandrea Friedman, Peter Goldfeder and Peter Gosule founded The PeterSan Group, one of the nation’s premier legal search and consulting firms. We are a full service legal search firm, placing attorneys in all facets of the legal market. Our team of experienced legal search consultants services all our clients’ hiring needs in a professional and timely manner.
We work closely with our clients to establish a comprehensive understanding of the particular needs of every search. We then conduct each search in a highly confidential and professional manner. Our comprehensive and state-of-the-art database enables us to efficiently match the most qualified attorneys for each search. For attorneys, that means we provide individualized attention and offer career alternatives that make sense for that person’s particular goals. For employers, that means we will introduce a select group of attorneys who are truly what you’re looking for.
The PeterSan Group has unmatched depth in in-house placement. From General Counsel, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Chief Compliance Counsel, and Heads of Corporate and Litigation to more junior searches, we have helped hundreds of attorne...ys make the transition to in-house practice.
Searches are conducted on a retainer or contingency fee basis. Our clients include leading law firms worldwide as well as financial institutions, investment banks, consumer product, aerospace, chemical, healthcare, pharmaceutical, entertainment, new media, and other Fortune 500 companies.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).