The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Assist Lockheed Martin Investment Management Company’s (LMIMCo) General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel in negotiating, documenting, and closing various investment-related transactions, including investment management agreements, private equity and hedge fund investments, as well as documentation relating to internal trading, such as prime brokerage, futures and swap agreements.
• Support LMIMCo’s compliance programs and initiatives, including (i) managing and monitoring LMIMCo’s personal trading and conflicts of interest monitoring system, (ii) maintaining LMIMCo’s policies and procedures, (iii) taking the lead in ensuring that all required governmental and non-governmental filings are completed and filed in a timely manner, (iv) overseeing LMIMCo’s regulatory library (ADVs, proxies, etc.), and (v) researching regulatory, compliance, and ethics issues.
• Assist LMIMCo’s General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel with the preparation of various legal documentation in connection with LMIMCo’s day-to-day operations, including (i) preparation of the quarterly presentation to the Board of Directors, Board and Committee resolutions, and other related documentation, (ii) assisting the investment team with the preparation of quarterly senior staff presentations to LMIMCo’s President and other ad hoc presentations, (iii) corporate and shareholder resolutions and other books and records of LMIMCo and the Master Retirement Trust’s proprietary investment vehicles, (iv) miscellaneous service agreements and confidentiality agreements, and (v) other legal documents and correspondence.
• Support LMIMCo’s General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel on litigation matters as they arise, including coordinating with third-party service providers with class action filings.
• Manage and maintain LMIMCo’s legal library to ensure a full set of documentation (both paper and electronic) for each investment-related and other transaction.
• Partner with Lockheed Martin Corporation’s legal, HR, benefits, and finance teams on various compliance, reporting and other special projects.
• Support LMIMCo’s General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel as necessary to provide outstanding legal support to LMIMCo’s full team of investment and operations professionals.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and law degree from accredited law school, with 2-5 years of legal experience at a law firm, investment company, governmental organization, or financial institution.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
Willingness to learn new areas of legal practice and think creatively to solve complex problems.
Demonstrated maturity, judgment, and discretion in handling sensitive matters. Desired Skills: 2-5 years of legal experience at a law firm, investment company, governmental organization, or financial institution. Demonstrated experience in drafting and negotiating contracts or other legal documents. Experience closing large to medium-sized corporate transactions (such as corporate M&A transactions, bank financing transactions, or private equity fundraising) a plus.
Familiarity with ERISA, securities laws, and other investment-related laws and regulations a plus.
Facility with MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and PDF a plus.
Internal Number: 523231BR
About Lockheed Martin
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).