The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Corporate Generalist, Employment/HR, General Commercial/Contracts
Counsel will provide legal services on a broad range of commercial, corporate, transactional, and regulatory matters and will report to the Vice President and General Counsel, Business and Staffing Solutions, ActOne Group.
2. Engage in pre-litigation and litigation. Liaise with outside litigator and Human Resources Department as needed. Represent the company in a court of law, arbitration, or other judicial tribunal or before a government agency and present high-quality written work product and/or oral presentation skills. Identify litigation risk and provide advice on procedural, legal and business means to reduce such risk.
3. Inform and advise company personnel about legal risks and business issues during contract negotiations and recommend strategies and alternatives to address them.
4. Research and analyze the law on complex issues and write a brief, comment, report, or other document for submission to requestor(s), executive(s) and/or counsel's supervisor.
5. Collaborate with legal department team members and other company personnel on projects and as needed.
6. Recognize trends that affect the efficient functioning of the Legal Department and the company as a whole. Implement approved policies and procedures and recommend changes to policies and procedures to supervisor. Assist in the development of an in-house organization which will enhance the quality and timeliness of advice available to commercial business units of the company and which will shorten contract negotiation and/or execution turnaround averages. This job may have supervisory responsibilities over legal personnel.
7. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or company executive(s).
Candidate shall possess an LLB or JD from an accredited law school and at least five (5) to seven (7) years of litigation or transactional experience at a law firm, government agency, and/or an in-house law department. Some in-house law department experience is highly desired. Candidate shall also be admitted to and in good standing with a State Bar Association, preferably California.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required: read, analyze, and interpret legal journals, case law, government statutes and regulations, business term sheets, and general technical documents; write legal documents and business correspondence; effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues, customers, and vendors; work and cooperate with colleagues and clients from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information, and opinions to facilitate the task at hand; manage time well; and prioritize matters.
About ActOne Group
ActOne Group is a global enterprise that provides employment, workforce management, and procurement solutions to a wide range of industries, Fortune 500 companies, local and mid-market businesses, and government agencies.
ActOne Group includes, but is not limited to the following companies or brands: AppleOne, All's Well, AllSTEM Connections, ActOne Government Solutions, A-Check Global, ATIMS, and AgileOne.
ActOne Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.