The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
INVESTMENT COUNSEL ATTORNEY POSITION WITH ONE OF THE WORLD’S MOST PROFITABLE COMPANIES
Hawryluk Advisors has been retained exclusively by Saudi Aramco, the world's largest integrated oil, natural gas, petrochemicals, renewables, and power company, to help hire an attorney with 8+ years of sophisticated investment experience for its Law Organization at its headquarters in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Over the past seven years, Hawryluk Advisors has helped Saudi Aramco’s Law Organization hire over 75 expat attorneys. To date, over 95% of those hires remain with the company. The Law Organization now employs over 100 attorneys and is continuing to grow in response to Saudi Aramco’s broad corporate initiative.
This attorney will serve as investment counsel for Saudi Aramco’s Law Organization with a focus on supporting the Company’s asset management unit which oversees a multi-billion dollar portfolio. This attorney will work directly with the client and have the following, among other, responsibilities:
• Review and provide legal counsel for alternative investment programs, including private equity and hedge fund investments, real assets, and direct investments in the Gulf Cooperation Council and global markets.
• Review offering documents between partnerships and funds, including private placement memoranda, limited partnership agreements, subscription agreements, management agreements, articles of association, and general partner guarantee agreements for initial and supplemental investments.
• Discuss and prioritize contractual terms that are deemed significantly non-market and that could negatively and materially impact investment outcomes.
• Liaise with fund counsel and trustee counsel regarding the negotiation of investor side letter provisions including most favored nations, credit facilities, confidentiality, distributions in kind, prohibited investments, tax, audit, notice, jurisdiction, and forum selection provisions.
• Develop form investment management agreements and closed and open-ended side letters agreements.
• Advise commercial teams on amendments to master partnership agreements and other operative documents.
• Negotiate various investment related services agreements.
• Coordinate with local counsel regarding the consistency of offering materials and the necessity of additional terms.
• Provide counsel on investment trust structures, including policies for pension trusts, master trust agreements, and plan documentation.
• Understanding of the principles and guidelines of the Institutional Limited Partnership Association, including those fostering transparency, governance, and alignment of interests for general and limited partnerships.
• Understanding of the Investment Advisors Act of 1940, Securities Act of 1933, and general SEC regulations related to investments.
• Understanding ERISA and its fiduciary requirements and prohibited transactions.
• Understanding of trading and related agreements that govern counter-party relationships with brokers, dealers, banks, FCM, ISDA, etc.
• Advise commercial teams regarding legal, tax, regulatory and commercial trends in alternative investments, public equity and fixed income transactions.
Candidates for this position should have: 1) at least 8+ years of experience with a strong law firm, large corporation, or other sophisticated business organization; 2) relevant investment fund experience; 3) commercial contracts experience; 4) excellent negotiation and communication skills; 5) experience providing clear and concise legal counsel to internal clients; and, 6) leadership and mentorship experience.
Energy industry (oil and gas, petrochemical, power or oil field services) and international experience are a plus.
Candidates must be currently licensed, admitted to practice, and in good standing in the United States, and have a J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school.
For adventurous individuals who are interested in working at one of the world's most successful companies, Saudi Aramco offers challenging and sophisticated in-house opportunities.
Compensation is competitive and includes excellent benefits and a strong retirement package.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About Hawryluk Advisors
HAWRYLUK ADVISORS helps corporations and law firms with mission critical recruiting and strategic hiring consultation. With an expertise in the energy industry and the Middle East, our clients include some of the most successful companies and law firms in the world.