The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
The Vice President, Assistant General Counsel is responsible for assisting the General Counsel in conducting the legal affairs of Wingstop Inc. and its subsidiaries (the “Company”). A key responsibility for the role will be helping ensure legal compliance with (i) federal securities laws and (ii) federal and state franchise laws. The successful candidate must possess a strong desire to learn and gain experience in all aspects of the law relating to the Company, including franchising, advertising, employment, intellectual property licensing, real estate, and general commercial law. The successful candidate must also be business-minded and solution-oriented, possessing an innate client-service mentality. Judgment and leadership are key qualitative job requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Company is seeking a corporate attorney with extensive experience representing public companies for a highly visible role in the Company’s legal department. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, this attorney will assist with and/or manage a broad spectrum of corporate and transactional legal work, including: public-Company SEC reporting activities; Nasdaq compliance activities; general corporate governance work and support for the Board of Directors; franchising matters, working with the commercial legal team to review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements related to advertising and real estate; and collaborating with other members of the legal team on various strategic initiatives.
• Assist with the preparation and review of reports filed with the SEC under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including disclosures on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, and Section 16 reporting.
• Assist with the preparation and review of the Company’s annual proxy statement, and the planning and execution of the Company’s annual meeting of stockholders.
• Provide advice and counsel on Delaware corporate law, NASDAQ regulations, and general corporate governance matters.
• Support corporate and strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
• Provide advice related to and support the marketing initiatives and promotions.
• Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements in support of various Company departments, including franchise compliance, marketing, confidentiality agreements, vendor/supplier contracts, consulting agreements, master service agreements, manufacturing agreements, and licensing agreements.
• Draft and review materials to be provided to the Board of Directors and its committees and draft meeting minutes.
• Draft and review amendments to governance documents, corporate policies, and Board committee charters.
• Assist in the management of the Company’s corporate subsidiaries and miscellaneous compliance matters. • Continuously improve yourself and the legal department by identifying and implementing improvements in processes, forms and operations.
• Respond promptly to requests from internal clients, and summarize and communicate legal risks in a way that business people can understand that pragmatically balances risk with the Company’s business objectives.
• Keeping informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the Company, and assisting with the development of policies and training as needed.
• Provide leadership on cross-functional teams, identify legal issues, and provide legal options / analysis of possible legal solutions, all while interacting with external counsel, advisors, external vendors, and business partners.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
• Law Degree from a nationally recognized law school and member of a state bar.
• 7-10 years’ experience in legal practice (either in a large law firm or a combination of a large law firm and in-house experience).
• Significant experience working as a corporate attorney and providing legal advice on a broad set of general corporate matters, with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Significant experience working on SEC reporting, NASDAQ, Delaware corporate law and corporate governance matters.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills and the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex, detailed matters under deadline pressure.
• Strong demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating contracts.
• Excellent written, oral, and analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
• Ability to form strong working relationships with other employees and partners while maintaining firm adherence to proper legal standards.
• Sound business judgment and strategic thinking. Flexibility and an interest in working on a broad variety of legal matters in order to understand and advise the Company on legal implications of its business strategy.
• Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
Internal Number: 89337433277
About Wingstop Restaurants, Inc.
No one does wings like us because no one cares like us. We take pride in being the ones who serve the world flavor. To do this well, it takes a team of people who don't just show up. They Get. At. It. Every. Day.
When you work at a place people love, even obsess about, their enthusiasm is infectious. Our employees feel their passion and become fans themselves, if they weren't already. If you share the crave or hear the calling, we may be the place for you. Pick your path and join a crew.