The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advising HR and other business units within Tesla Grohmann Automation (TGA) and Tesla Germany on all labor and employment matters, including Works Council matters. The Employment Counsel will be part of Tesla’s Global Employment team and will be supporting the Sr Employment Counsel EMEA.
· First point of contact for HR and all other stakeholders (e.g. leadership) concerning all labor and employment law topics, including Works Council matters.
· Manage and assess employment law risks and offer practical, creative solutions to all business partners
· Provide day to day advice on a broad range of employment issues, including recruiting, hiring, compensation and benefits, pay practices, HR practices, performance management, terminations, employee investigations and labor relations.
· Negotiating/renegotiating, drafting, reviewing and improving all employment legal related agreements
· Creating and continuously improving frameworks for employment contracts and working closely with internal teams (e.g. Recruiting, HR, Payroll) to operationalize those agreements
· Drafting responses to government agencies.
· Provide overall strategic and tactical direction of ongoing and threatened employment legal disputes and litigation matters
· Help build and implement scalable, world-class employment policies and programs that balance legal risk with business impact
· Advising business, including senior leadership, on key developments, strategy, settlements and other key decisions
· Negotiating fee arrangements with outside counsel and managing cases to minimize litigation costs
· Embed with the company`s HR team to handle and support compliance, employee issues, internal investigations, audits, employment law claims and labor matters
· Support the company’s commitment to a discrimination and harassment free workplace by assisting on employment compliance projects as needed and providing training to managers and employees
· Monitor new relevant legislation and regulation and provide input into the process
· BA/BS/LLB law school degree or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house corporate environment in Germany.
· You are a team player with the ability to proactively identify problems, drive projects, and execute pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions on a timely basis.
· You work well both autonomously and collaboratively, and are effective at juggling and prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
· You are a quick and flexible learner: intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change.
· You are adept at and comfortable making complex cost/benefit assessments.
· You inspire trust, forge relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of your business partners. You have strong interpersonal skills, and can effectively navigate and leverage relationships at all levels of any organization.
· You have high standards, impeccable integrity and ethics, unquestionable good judgment, well-honed analytical skills, superior oral and written communications skills, and a keen sense of humor.
· Native German and fluency in English.
Internal Number: 55968
About Tesla Inc.
Tesla's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. We hire the world's best and brightest people to help make this future a reality.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).