The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Corporate, Corporate Governance, General Commercial/Contracts
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: This position provides a variety of general corporate and commercial legal support to a number of in-house clients. Working with General Counsel and the company’s executive team, the Senior Corporate Counsel will act as advisor on legal issues involving internal and external legal matters and regulatory compliance. Position will be located in the company’s corporate headquarters in Chandler, Arizona.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REGULAR DUTIES (70%)
· Review and negotiate NDAs with vendors and customers.
· Support sales organization in negotiating and documenting customer, sales representative and distributor agreements.
· Support supply chain in negotiating and documenting vendor agreements.
· Develop form contracts for standard transactions.
· Review other agreements/contracts from internal clients and provide advice as requested.
2. Compliance/Corporate Governance
· Assist with administration of code of conduct and other corporate policies (anti-bribery, insider trading, disclosure, etc.).
· Conduct audits with respect to code of conduct and other corporate policies.
· Assist General Counsel with providing guidance on corporate policy questions/issues.
· Develop training materials for the company’s internal compliance training and education efforts.
· Monitor compliance with GDPR and other data privacy requirements.
· Assist in the administration and management of the company’s legal entities.
· Support R&D group regarding questions pertaining to intellectual property protection and exploitation and documenting agreements with business partners, including technology licenses and joint development agreements.
· Oversee maintenance of patent and trademark portfolio, monitoring annuity payments and compliance with patent marking and trademark use guidelines.
· Manage and assist with employment, client, and contract disputes preliminary to potential litigation.
· Manage and provide strategic direct to outside counsel in active litigation matters.
· Support HR reviewing workers’ compensation claims, FMLA compliance, employee benefits, employment agreements, and policy-related issues.
· Support IT and Finance departments with requests for contract review and legal advice.
SPECIAL PROJECTS (30%)
Work on special projects as directed by General Counsel. Examples: corporate financing, due diligence, acquisitions, document retention, export compliance, etc.
· None at the present time.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 3-5 years of corporate legal experience, including a significant portion both at a major law firm and in-house experience.
· Experience with international businesses preferred.
· Juris Doctorate from a well-recognized law school and excellent academic credentials required.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents; strong drafting skills required.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
· Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen.
· Nimbleness; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· High levels of initiative, confidence and ability to appropriately influence others.
· Highest standards of ethics, professional integrity and confidentiality.
Internal Number: 1279577
About 6565 W. Frye Road, Chandler, AZ 85226
Isola is a leading global material sciences company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets copper-clad laminates and dielectric prepregs used to fabricate advanced multilayer printed circuit boards (PCBs).
Isola’s purpose is to improve life by enabling innovation in electronic products. We do this by manufacturing the PCB materials that help other companies make cutting-edge products. The role we play is very significant. Through our innovation, and cost competitiveness, we help enable products that change the world.