The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
We are looking for a highly skilled Litigation Attorney to join our team in Herndon, Virginia. The Associate General Counsel position defends Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries ("Navient") in litigation and government investigations. Responsibilities include working with outside counsel to litigate or arbitrate consumer-related claims under various federal and state statutes, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act ("TCPA"), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ("FDCPA"), the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), and various state consumer protection laws such as the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act and the Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Also provides specialized legal advice to various Navient departments regarding federal and state consumer protection laws. Familiarity with the Higher Education Act, federal student loan programs and federal student loan servicing practices preferred. Given the volume of cases handled by Navient attorneys, the successful candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires travel on occasion.
Associate General Counsel - Litigation at NAVIENT
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship. - Juris Doctor Degree; Licensed and in good standing in Virginia, or the ability to be admitted as corporate counsel in Virginia.
- 4+ years of relevant law firm, in-house, or regulatory experience
- Familiarity with the Higher Education Act, federal student loan programs and federal student loan servicing practices preferred.
- Ability to provide consistent, high-quality legal analysis, advice and transactional support.
- Ability to produce a significant volume of work necessary to timely complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, outside counsel and advisors, and vendors in an articulate, courteous and business-like manner at all times.
Internal Number: 19REQ-00866
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.