The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Tesla is looking for a talented Senior Counsel, Commercial to join our legal team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you will support business teams on a variety of commercial transactions and negotiations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience with supply agreements, license/technology agreements and other transactional documents. A background that incorporates a mixture of law firm and in-house experience is ideal. A strong background in all facets of commercial law and contract negotiation strategy is required, experience handling commercial contract disputes and an understanding of intellectual property law are strongly preferred. This role will focus on supporting automobile manufacturing, and is expected to develop strategic business relationships with both Tesla’s suppliers and its internal business leaders and stakeholders, lead contract negotiations, drive cost savings initiatives, implement strategic sourcing best practices, and provide legal advice and support on transactions supporting the day-to-day operations of the company.
· J.D. with excellent academic credentials.
· 6+ years handling commercial contracts, with a strong background in all facets of commercial law.
· Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts
· Experience with pre-litigation contractual disputes, managing business litigation, and dispute resolution.
· Skilled at providing various best practices and legal trainings to key business stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
· Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Sound and practical business judgment.
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
· Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful and taking on additional responsibility.
· In-house legal experience is a plus.
· Experience with commercial contract disputes and intellectual property law is preferred.
Internal Number: 51097
About Tesla Inc.
Tesla's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. We hire the world's best and brightest people to help make this future a reality.