The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Tesla has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Counsel to join our dynamic legal team. In this role, you will provide day-to-day guidance and support on securities and corporate governance matters, as well as transactional support as needed. This position will be located in Fremont, CA.
· Primary role in the preparation, review and filing of SEC filings and related documents, including current and periodic reports, proxy statements, registration statements and Section 16 filings.
· Assist in drafting and reviewing other public disclosures and corporate communications, including earnings releases, press releases and blogs.
· Assist in monitoring, maintaining and implementing various corporate governance practices and policies.
· Assist with implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliant controls.
· Assist on mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions, including by coordinating internal teams and managing due diligence activities.
· Provide legal advice and support on other transactions and corporate maintenance activities supporting day-to-day operations of the company.
· Help to develop, implement and continually improve company and team processes and procedures.
· J.D. with excellent academic credentials and top tier law firm experience.
· At least 4-6 years’ experience as a securities and corporate attorney with substantial subject matter expertise in securities matters including the ’33 Act and ’34 Act, corporate governance, public securities offerings, SEC/SOX compliance and mergers and acquisitions transactions.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (sense of humor required).
· Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Sound and practical business judgment.
· Ability to work both independently and with a diverse set of personalities in a team environment.
· Eagerness for learning new areas of law and expanding legal and business skill sets.
· Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful with minimal external assistance and taking on additional responsibility.
Internal Number: 54610
About Tesla Inc.
Tesla's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. We hire the world's best and brightest people to help make this future a reality.