The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Summary: This individual will serve as a resource and business partner for IOPS and will provide additional legal support to the Company as necessary. The position reports into the Vice President and Assistant General Counsel (IOPS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides advice and counsel to IOPS business operations on legal issues related to manufacturing, supply, distribution and related matters, including the drafting and negotiation of a variety of contracts, including complex, international supply and license arrangements.
- The complexity and volume of contracts with third-party collaborators and related support agreements (e.g., clinical supply, commercial supply, quality agreements, etc.) will increase concomitantly with the Company’s robust drug development pipeline. Some unusually complex issues may have companywide impact. - Demonstrates strong understanding of the business.
• Advises IOPS clients on a variety of legal matters, including cGMP regulations and related matters, importation and other international trade issues, licensing, regulatory law matters, etc.
- This individual must have strong contract drafting skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities regularly shift to support the evolving needs of the business. - Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
• Serves as on-site corporate contract generalist for the Rensselaer site, handling a variety of legal matters as they arise, including site-specific matters and real estate matters.
- Interacts regularly with legal executives, internally and externally, on significant matters, and is frequently required to use special skills, such as negotiating with management or attempting to influence senior leaders.
• Assists, as requested, in training, litigation, and other legal matters as may arise.
- Although contract drafting is the focus of the position, a strong generalist with exposure to various regulatory, compliance and other business support is preferred. - Works with other functions at Regeneron on cross-functional issues that include matters beyond the Law Department.
• Understands, practices and champions ethical business behaviors
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials.
• Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel.
• Minimum of 5 years of legal experience including some pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience; law firm experience highly recommended.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 17887BR
About Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Regeneron (NASDAQ: REGN) is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.