The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
General Commercial/Contracts, Real Estate, Transactions
D.R. Horton, Inc. – “America’s Builder” – Associate Counsel, Florida and Mid-Atlantic Region
D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE: DHI), the nation's largest homebuilder and a Fortune 250 firm, seeks an experienced real estate attorney to assist Region General Counsel in the drafting, negotiation, and closing of complex land/lot transactions throughout its fast-growing Florida and Mid-Atlantic Regions. This position is based in our regional office in Tampa, Florida.
Responsibilities will include supervision of real estate matters, including review of purchase and sale agreements, financing/security documents, title and survey, as well as miscellaneous corporate issues.
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly-regarded legal department, working closely with senior management in the growing homebuilding sector. Interest is high, and we expect to begin interviews quickly, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Excellent compensation/benefits available, including comprehensive medical/dental/life/disability, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on home purchases, and much more.
1. Juris Doctorate from a regionally-accredited law school.
2. Must be licensed to practice in Florida, or if licensed in another state, must be able to obtain admission to practice in Florida within one year of hire.
3. Substantial or progressive legal experience practicing law and supervising legal professionals for approximately 5 to 10 years, with heavy emphasis on complex real estate transactions (including the drafting, review and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, financing/security documents, and title and survey review). (Strong candidates with less than 5 years' experience will be considered.)
4. A team player who has the ability to interact with people at all levels of the company, and independently handle the miscellaneous issues that arise in a public homebuilding business.
5. Must reside in or be willing to relocate to Tampa, FL area.
1. Strong academics. Law review preferred.
2. Major law firm experience.
3. Significant experience representing homebuilders or similar real estate developers.
4. Experience handling real estate transactions in some or all of the following states: Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
5. In-house counsel experience.
6. Willingness to travel (approx. once per quarter)
Internal Number: 1902034
About D.R. Horton, Inc. - America's Builder
D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE: DHI) is the nation's largest homebuilder and a Fortune 250 firm. For more information, visit https://www.drhorton.com/careers.