The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, nonprofits and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Advance your career: Join the largest organization dedicated to advancing the interests of in-house lawyers around the world.
ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Corporate, General Commercial/Contracts, Technology
Job Purpose: We are seeking an experienced attorney to serve as a Senior Attorney reporting to the Director or Senior Director and Senior Corporate Counsel.
• Draft and negotiate a variety of complex commercial agreements (e.g., inbound and outbound technology licenses, service agreements, co-marketing and co-branding agreements, OEM/procurement agreements and software and SaaS agreements).
• Be part of a team responsible for the legal support to the company’s registry, product, and marketing business organizations by providing general advice on new product initiatives, policy and customer issues, marketing programs and advertising content.
• Provide legal guidance on complex matters to internal clients and engage in communications and negotiations with customers and vendors.
• Keep members of the Law Department, including the General Counsel, apprised of material developments and matters on a timely basis.
• Operate in an open and collaborative manner as a “team player” and member of the Law Department.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
• J.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited law school.
• Between five and 10 years’ legal experience in a corporate law department and/or law firm or equivalent.
• Experience leading the drafting and negotiation of a variety of complex commercial agreements, with an emphasis on technology licensing.
• Experience supporting the development and launch of new products and services.
• Experience reviewing technical presentations, whitepapers, marketing materials, and regulatory and compliance-related communications a plus.
• In-house experience preferred but not required, preferably within the technology/internet field.
• Demonstrated aptitude to quickly absorb and apply new information and function as a trusted legal advisor with direct interaction with senior management.
• Must be admitted to the Virginia bar or eligible for admission as a Virginia Corporate Counsel.
Internal Number: 5384
Verisign, a global leader in domain name registry services and internet infrastructure, enables internet navigation for many of the world’s most recognized domain names. Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.