ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Corporate, General Commercial/Contracts, Technology
Corporate Transactional and Procurement Attorney
Job Purpose: Provide high quality, cost-effective legal support for the Company at the direction of the Senior Director and as part of the Verisign Law Department.
• Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including inbound licensing (both SaaS and on-prem), co-location, marketing, peering, paid connectivity, and facility agreements.
• Support the global procurement function.
• Manage and coordinate discussions and review of terms and conditions with internal stakeholders and vendors.
• Ensure transaction terms comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
• Conduct due diligence on vendors or other third parties as may be necessary in support of transactions.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
• At least six years commercial transactional experience.
• Significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including procurement related agreements.
• Strong project management skills, including managing complex transactions and leading the internal efforts among cross functional teams to begin and successfully conclude vendor negotiations for the procurement of goods and services in a timely manner.
• Familiarity with intellectual property, privacy, export and compliance, anti-corruption and international laws, a plus.
• Significant experience supporting technology, Internet and/or telecommunications organizations.
• Aptitude to quickly absorb new information with highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and team-working skills.
• Strong business acumen with a sophisticated understanding of the balance between risk and reward.
* Must be admitted to the Virginia bar or eligible for admission as a Virginia Corporate Counsel.
Internal Number: 5310
Verisign, a global leader in domain name registry services and internet infrastructure, enables internet navigation for many of the world’s most recognized domain names. Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.