ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Compliance, Employment/HR
This individual will lead the compliance efforts around HR and Legal programs and policies, act as a subject matter expert in areas of employment law and human resources related regulations, and ensure the organization meets and maintains compliance and legal objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position implements, communicates, and maintains a corporate HR compliance and employment law program that is designed to work proactively to identify risk, ensure adherence with all applicable HR and employment related legal, regulatory and compliance requirements, as well as mitigate loss and protect the company. Responsibilities will include:
- Support the HR leadership team to ensure that sound protocols and programs are in place to mitigate right-to-work, work authorization, wage and hour, and other HR and employment related risks. Manage issue resolution and escalations to the company’s General Counsel and outside counsel.
- Manage compliance audits to ensure that HR and employment law compliance procedures are followed, respond to audit requests detailing methodology, results, and remediation.
- Lead corrective action plans for resolution or problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future. Work with business units to implement the recommendations and action items resulting from audits.
- Lead compliance related initiatives including organization of and facilitation of meetings and workshops. Coordinate work of team to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Work with Legal and HR functions to develop employment training programs.
- Collaborate with Legal and other functions to assess new projects and/or changes in process, policy, or technology, to identify controls and risks, to successfully communicate any changes needed and to develop any ongoing audit processes to ensure compliance.
- Inform necessary changes to the Employee Handbook as well as drafting and maintaining HR and employment policies.
- Monitor and research Federal, State, and local employment laws, regulations and legislative updates in partnership with the legal department to ensure the company is reacting and HR is receiving information timely.
- Proactively identify and discuss emerging compliance issues with company leadership and Legal while also developing, preparing, and presenting compliance reporting to stakeholders, as necessary.
- Responsible for process, design, development, and maintenance of required Federal and State reporting; such as preparation of documents or reports related to the Equal Employment Opportunity, the Department of Labor, Employment Development Department, the Family and Medical Leave Act, ADA, ACA, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field; JD. Five plus years of experience focused on employment law and HR compliance. Experience and ability to collect, interpret, and identify relevance of compliance-related information from multiple sources. Ability to review data and conduct analysis to determine applicable trends and make recommendations. Demonstrated success developing and executing new processes and continual maintenance of compliance and legal objectives. Experience developing policies, employment agreements, and supporting documentation. Thorough understanding of Federal and State laws and regulations (California expertise a plus), including but not limited to: Wage and Hour, Equal Employment and Affirmative Action, Immigration Reform and Control Act (I-9), FMLA and other mandated leave regulations, etc. Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, litigating and/or managing employment litigation, solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment. Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization and outside counsel. Experience delivering compliance and employment law training in small and large group settings. Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Must have valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record. Must pass pre-placement drug screen and background investigation.
Additional Application Instructions: Please send cover letter and resume.
About Grimmway Farms
Family-owned and headquartered in Bakersfield, California, Grimmway Farms traces its roots to a produce stand opened by the Grimm brothers in the early 1960s. Grimmway is a global produce leader and the world’s largest producer of carrots. Grimmway supplies more than 65 organic, USA-grown crops and brands include Cal-Organic Farms and Bunny-Luv. Grimmway is committed to caring for customers and employees, honoring sustainable practices and preserving natural resources for future generations