ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Marlette Funding, LLC, a Wilmington, DE fintech company, seeks an Associate General Counsel and capital markets attorney with 1 to 10 years of experience in securitization, asset-backed lending and/or structured lending.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Work closely with the finance and capital markets teams and assist with the creation, structuring, regulatory analysis and launch of privately-placed securitizations and asset-based lending transactions relating to consumer loans or similar asset classes
· Negotiate and draft various transactional and related documentation relating to securitizations and asset-based loans, including PPMs, legal opinions, resolutions, investor presentations and credit agreements.
· Negotiate and draft transactional documents for sales and purchases of consumer loan portfolios and servicing rights
· Interpret and assist with the analysis and implementation of regulatory changes that impact securitizations and related businesses (e.g. risk retention and SEC rules)
· Assist with ongoing advocacy efforts relating to regulatory changes impacting securitizations and online lending issues
· Manage corporate governance for parent and numerous subsidiaries, including formation of new LLCs and corporations and compliance with monthly and annual meeting requirements
· Advise operations team on servicer related matters
• Minimum 1 – 10 years legal experience • Strong academic credentials • Strong structured finance experience (e.g. securitizations, asset-backed lending, secured or unsecured credit facilities) • Familiarity with corporate, securities, finance and related issues • Familiarity with consumer lending laws, such as TCPA/FDCPA a plus • Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills • Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint required • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills -- ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management • Ability to work independently and respond proactively to business needs • Strong team player
About Marlette Funding
Marlette Funding, through its consumer-facing brand Best Egg, is a financial services technology company on a mission to find better ways to make money accessible for our customers. We believe that human resources are essential to delivering on that mission and we take hiring our teammates very seriously. Our team makes this a great place to work and fuels our success.