ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
As the legal Counsel, you will oversee the legal aspects of MUSA and help to optimize our organizational efficiency regarding legal matters. This role will safeguard the reputation of the company by guaranteeing that the company follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. The General Counsel will examine and draft, employment, real estate and vendor contracts, manage copyrights and trademarks, and preserve business records such as minutes of meetings and resolutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Expedite, review and negotiate contracts from internal suppliers.
2. Provide legal advice and work closely with other departments to foresee and protect the Company from legal risks.
3. Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
4. Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
5. Provide clarification on legal language or specifications as needed within the organization.
6. Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
7. Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Professional degree (J.D., Ph.D., M.D., etc), plus 3 years related experience and/or training.
Please email: Joshua.Powell@MurphyUSA
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About Murphy USA
At Murphy USA, we are dedicated to supporting the local communities and families depend on us every day. The people we serve are important to us, which is why we aim to set the standard for great service, great prices and high-quality fuel. We believe in being open and supportive as a team, and celebrating our daily successes! Join us today!