ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
AIG’s Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs (GLCR) department is comprised of attorneys and other professionals providing high quality advisory and transactional support with integrity and objectivity across all parts of the organization. The team ensures an operating environment that minimizes legal, regulatory and reputational risks and complies with all laws and regulations and AIG policies & procedures.
This is a global, diverse and award-winning team that has been recognized for its leadership and innovative solutions. You will also be able to participate in AIG’s award-winning pro bono program.
The AIG Corporate Legal Group is seeking an Assistant General Counsel (SEC Disclosure Lawyer) to join its legal department in New York.
The AGC’s primary roles will be to advise and assist with SEC and other regulatory disclosures, corporate governance matters and capital markets transactions.
Organizational Structure: This position will report to the Head of Securities and Corporate Governance for AIG Parent.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Advise generally on U.S. corporate law, SEC disclosure and regulatory matters.
• Draft and advise on AIG ’34 Act disclosure filings
• Advise on Regulation FD and Regulation G issues, including material press releases, investor presentations and other Corporate Communications and Investor Relations matters
• Advise on legal issues with respect to capital markets and treasury transactions
• Draft and advise on ’33 Act offerings
• Advise on legal issues with respect to corporate governance
• Support Marketing, Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, Treasury and Finance teams
• Perform other related duties and ad hoc projects as required
The ideal candidate should have:
• 5-7 years of legal experience with a major law firm or relevant in-house experience, with a demonstrated focus on securities disclosure
• Extensive SEC disclosure experience (both ’33 and ’34 Acts) - insurance industry specific experience a plus
• Top academic credentials and excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on teamwork
• Proven leadership abilities
• JD required – Admitted to a US Bar (preferably NY)
Internal Number: JR1901673
About American International Group, Inc. (AIG)
About Us American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance company. Tracing its roots to a company started in Shanghai in 1919, today AIG provides a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG’s diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks, and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange under the symbol “AIG”.AIG Commercial Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products for commercial and institutional customers through one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. AIG Commercial Insurance offers one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, through its diversified, multichannel distribution network, benefitting from its strong capital position.AIG Consumer Insurance is a premier provider of insurance products for individuals and families including select consumer property insurance offerings, life insurance protection..., and retirement products. AIG has one of the largest life insurance, annuity and retirement services businesses in the United States with one of the broadest distribution networks and most diverse product offerings in the industry. AIG Consumer Insurance serves in the U.S. alone 18 million customers with life insurance products and retirement services.Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig