ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is seeking an experienced professional to be APL’s
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Officer and American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodations Coordinator to
monitor APL's policies, programs, and plans and coordinate compliance with respect to EEO requirements and the ADA.
As an EEO Officer ...
- Your primary responsibility will be to receive, process, and investigate allegations relating to sexual harassment,
discrimination, and retaliation; write summary case reports; and manage the EEO database. As part of this responsibility,
you will analyze complaints, develop investigative plans, conduct fact-finding and necessary legal research, as well as
prepare confidential reports of investigative findings and accompanying correspondence.
- You will conduct research on legal developments related to EEO/ADA, present internally on EEO and ADA policies and
processes, and keep management apprised of changes in federal laws and policies to help ensure the Laboratory’s
compliance. Accordingly, you will conduct legal research and prepare legal memoranda concerning EEO and the ADA.
- You will review and respond to ADA requests for reasonable workplace accommodations.
- You will provide training, technical assistance, and support on matters within your cognizance.
- You, in coordination with the Principal Ethics & Compliance Officer, will lead outreach efforts to recruit, train, and assess
other employees to serve as Deputy Officers.
- You will report to the General Counsel and perform other duties as assigned.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you ...
- Have a Juris Doctor Degree from an American Bar Association-accredited law school.
- Have seven years of directly applicable experience, including three years conducting investigations and writing case
- Possess strong inter-personal skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills, mediation skills, and
acumen working with employees from diverse backgrounds and a myriad of issues.
- Have knowledge of federal, state, and local EEO and ADA laws and policies.
- Possess excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Have demonstrated exceptional judgement and discretion.
- Are able to obtain Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance
investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S.
You will go above and beyond our expectations if you...
- Have extensive experience providing strategic planning advice and counsel with respect to affirmative action as well as
diversity and inclusion programs.
- Have experience analyzing organizational structures, employment patterns, and lines of career progression to determine
their impact on EEO and diversity and inclusion efforts, and can recommend best practices.
- Have prior experience working in a research, college, or university setting.
- Maintain a EEO Professional Certificate, Diversity and Inclusion Professional Certificate, or like accreditation.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 20209
About The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package, including vacation/sick leave, a matching retirement program, educational assistance, medical insurance and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. Please apply via our website, www.jhuapl.edu/employment, for Job Code shown above. The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC. Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.