ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here's what you can expect as a Senior Corporate Counsel, Mergers and Acquisitions at DaVita:
The position will be part of a large mergers and acquisitions legal team. Reporting to an Assistant General Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions, this individual will help support strategic growth. This role will be required to develop and foster relationships across the organization and provide legal support for healthcare transactions.
The successful candidate will be part of an outstanding team dedicated to supporting high quality care and helping to drive the Company’s mission and values. The role requires joint venture and/or mergers and acquisitions experience.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to make a significant contribution within a challenging and rewarding environment in support of DaVita’s profound mission and service excellence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Under the supervision of senior attorneys, draft, negotiate and support complex joint venture and M&A transactions primarily for the domestic kidney care business and other business divisions.
• Help develop and implement standardized templates and processes for repeatable transactions, with an eye toward increasing efficiency within the deal process.
• Assist in managing an active M&A portfolio, including deal pipeline, metric development, implementation and tracking.
• Actively oversee and manage outside counsel, develop and implement ways to effectively and efficiently use outside counsel.
• Work collaboratively with a broad range of people developing and maintaining strong working relationships between legal, finance, people services, operations and business development teams to facilitate a team based approach.
• Juggle and successfully prioritize competing and voluminous work streams simultaneously.
• Understand and be able to translate into “plain English” the legal ramifications of varied legal issues (including regulatory requirements) and clearly and succinctly articulate the risks. Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise level objectives.
• Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple constituencies.
• Live, uphold and model DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with the ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
Education / Certifications
The successful candidate will hold a law degree with strong academic credentials and will have obtained an undergraduate degree from a college or university of recognized standing. The candidate must be licensed in good standing to practice law within Colorado or must be eligible for licensure through reciprocity.
• Successful track record of six to nine years of diverse M&A, joint venture and complex transaction experience.
• Experience in the healthcare industry and with healthcare transactions is desired.
• The candidate ideally has a combination of law firm and in-house experience. However, exclusively law firm-trained candidates will be considered with diverse substantive and sophisticated transactions experience.
• Experience in positively and successfully managing relationships with a high energy, diverse group of stakeholders across organizational lines. A thoughtful, articulate and effective communicator who can distill and articulate the important aspects of any transaction issue to a wide audience of participants.
• Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the "big picture" as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific business issues.
• High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills (including presentations).
• Commitment to DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
• Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly-motivated and integrated team.
• Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
• Professional demeanor and ability to interact with clients with persuasiveness and confidence.
• Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be “other-oriented”; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view and ability to create an inclusive environment.
• Personal integrity, judgment and the ability to make decisions quickly.
• Hands on, efficient and proven ability to “Get [a lot of] Stuff Done” with a bias for action and strong sense of ownership.
• A commitment to personal and professional growth.
• Candid and personally secure. Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively as development opportunities.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
• A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.