ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Fast-paced e-commerce company is seeking a well-rounded attorney to join its legal department. The right candidate will have proficiency in handling a wide range of labor and employment matters, ideally with experience in both corporate and fulfillment center operations. This role will provide strategic legal advice to management and human resources professionals on routine and complex labor and employment matters.This position will report to the General Counsel
· Advise HR professionals and business managers on all aspects of day-to-day employment-related matters, including hiring and termination issues, reductions in force, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, reasonable accommodations, leaves of absence, wage and hour issues, restrictive covenants
· Advise HR professionals on emerging legislative and regulatory changes affecting employment and labor obligations
· Create a proactive strategy to ensure compliance with legal requirements
· Draft, implement and enforce internal policies and procedures related to employment issues to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and legal standards
· Develop and deliver proactive training to business leaders on a wide variety of employment law matters
· Monitor compliance hotline and, as appropriate, manage internal investigations
· Support HR professionals on compensation, benefits, ERISA and immigration matters
· Investigate and represent the company at the federal and state administrative level (EEOC, DOL, OSHA and state and local analogue agencies). Prepare position statements and bring in outside counsel, where appropriate
· Respond to attorney letters, complaints and claims involving employment and labor related concerns
· Manage employment (and non-employment) litigation matters, develop strategy, facilitate discovery, consult with General Counsel on developing strategies and key decisions
· Review involuntary terminations and draft separation packages
· Draft and negotiate employment related documents including employment, separation, non-competition, confidentiality and consulting agreements
· Support safety and loss prevention managers
JD from an accredited school with exceptional academic credentials
Minimum 10 years’ experience in-house and/or with a national law firm; prior in-house experience strongly preferred
Member in good standing with the Florida bar or eligible to attain Florida house counsel exemption
Familiarity with immigration and/or benefits and compensation is a plus
Ability to think strategically and evaluate potential risks, including economic, legal and reputational
Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
Ability self-motivate, to work with minimal supervision, and assume significant responsibility
Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Willingness to contribute to substantive areas outside of labor and employment law
Local candidates preferred, exceptional relocation candidates will be considered
At Chewy, we're changing the way people shop for their pets. We do this by offering our customers the easiest way to get the premium products they want for their beloved pets and back it with unparalleled customer service. We strive to win at everything we do and we believe in ownership and accountability . We aim to wow our customers and our employees at every turn, whether that means bending over backwards to gain our customers' trust and loyalty or by building a creative and stimulating work environment for our employees. Trust us. You'll notice the difference from the moment you become a candidate with us.
We approach our mission to provide the best service and pet products anywhere with a dogged determination and a disposition that's as sunny as the South Florida oceanfront we call home. Sure, we work hard, but we have fun, too. Of course, that's not hard to do when you get to bring your favorite four-legged friend to the office.