ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Sr Associate Legal Compl Analyst - Corporate Office
The Baltimore Life Insurance Company
October 2, 2018
$80,000 - $83,000/ year
Full Time - Other
5-7 years experience
Complete tasks and projects to assure compliance with laws, regulations and Company rules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create, implement and maintain market conduct and compliance rules, guidelines, policies and procedures. Monitor organizational compliance practices and keep leadership informed of observations and findings.
2. Work with a variety of functional areas to integrate compliance responsibilities throughout the organization.
3.Complete audits, document findings, communicate results, and work with business areas to improve future results.
4. Participate in appropriate industry associations to stay informed about changes in the insurance marketplace, to network, and to stay abreast of best practices.
5. Complete regulatory research as needed, and prepare conclusions in a way to captures legal and regulatory requirements. Make recommendations for compliance in ways appropriate to the Company.
6. Support the general counsel and assistant general counsel to assure that he or she has the information and documentation required to complete his/her work. Serve as a liaison as required between the general counsel and the functional areas as appropriate.
None at this time, although the ability and desire to supervise in the future is a plus.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
BA or BS and a minimum of 5 years’ insurance industry experience, including 3 years in compliance related work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
This individual must possess a thorough knowledge of the insurance business, industry and products. The ability to approach difficult issues tactfully but firmly is critical to the success of this individual. He or she must have outstanding organization and communication ability and work well under pressure. The individual must also exhibit a professional demeanor and maintain a high level of integrity and credibility.
Given the confidential nature of many of the issues that are addressed in this area, this individual must possess the ability to maintain the confidence of senior management.
Must be able to understand and accept direction and speak in a manner which can be clearly understood. Must possess the physical and mental stamina to withstand a productive, deadline driven atmosphere.
About The Baltimore Life Insurance Company
The Baltimore Life Insurance Company provides life insurance products and services for individuals, families, and businesses in the United States. The company offers life, retirement, and workplace insurance products, as well as financial needs analysis, prescription savings program, personal planning guide, grants program, and identification program services. It sells its products through career agency sales groups in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, South Carolina, and West Virginia as well as an independent sales division. The Baltimore Life Insurance Company was formerly known as Baltimore Mutual Aid Society of Baltimore City and changed its name in 1900. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Owings Mills, Maryland.
BACK TO TOP
Have Questions about In-house Jobline? View our online tutorials for job seekers or employers or call our helpdesk at:
1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required)