ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Functions as senior manager within the Legal Department. Collaborates with internal and external customers, affiliates and suppliers in resolving legal problems/issues for all DENSO North American Group Companies in accord with North American Legal Policy. Contributes to the achievement of Legal Department goals. Represents and/or assists in representing the organization in legal disputes and transactions. Serves as a resource for others, including senior management, regarding legal matters and mixed business/legal issues.
1. Maintains relationships and directly interacts with internal and external customers, and/or affiliates to address and resolve legal issues. Acts as an internal consultant and liaison between outside agencies/counsels and internal customers regarding legal matters.
2. Exercises professional judgment in evaluating alternative approaches to legal issues. Makes decisions regarding the nature of actual and potential legal issues and the associated degree of risk associated, whether outside legal counsel is necessary to the solution of the problem, and the professional advice to be communicated to the internal customer.
3. Provides legal counsel in policy development and training with regard to preventive law.
4. Handles and manages complex legal matters and projects. Reviews or drafts significant corporate legal documents. Conducts limited legal research.
5. Maintains a current knowledge of those areas of the law that pertain to the ongoing needs of the organization. Develops recommendations to accommodate developments in the law that may have a material effect on the organization.
6. Represents and/or assists in representing the organization in legal disputes and transactions.
7. Follows general organization-wide and department-specific QS-9000 policies, procedures and work instructions.
8. Participates in and supports environmental ISO 14001 and safety activities by developing supporting goals and objectives, attending required training, complying with established procedures and initiating and implementing corrective actions, as needed.
• Juris Doctorate Degree.
• At least ten years of related legal experience.
• Previous experience as both inside counsel and in private practice preferred.
Minimum Level of Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Fifteen years of related legal experience.
• Previous experience within a private practice as well as inside counsel experience in the automotive and/or manufacturing industry.
• Detailed and in-depth knowledge of U.S. laws, regulations and legal principles.
• Analytical skills to resolve complex issues. Serves in advisory/consultative lead roles. Determines and develops appropriate procedures/standards in the absence of guidelines/protocols. Conceptualizes well in unstructured or multi-disciplinary environment and has wide latitude for independent action.
• Written and verbal communication skills for varied interaction involving a wide range of subjects. Influences and anticipates needs of others and acts as subject matter expert. Wide latitude for the manner in which communications are structured. Situations may be controversial or sensitive and may lead to confrontation. Extremely high levels of diplomacy and tact are required in order to build consensus and negotiate resolutions while garnering support; skillful presenter.
• Negotiation skills to break through established barriers to produce considerable results or gains. Recognizes subtle cues and shifts tactics as appropriate. Persuades others to change positions and makes large impact without offending. Sells new ideas that have little initial backing from others.
• Customer service skills to promote and support a service-oriented environment and encourage others to improve and refine their service actions. Measures personal success by customers’ achievements. Acts as a resource to internal customers in identifying and solving customer issues.
• Project management skills including the ability to define program, project or process objectives, identify customers/stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, and to coordinate resources to accomplish goals and objectives in an effective and timely manner.
• Competency in working with computer software applications in order to troubleshoot issues, manipulate, analyze and extrapolate data. In-depth knowledge of Internet and explorer application in order to research needed information.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 180000H5
About DENSO International America, Inc.
DENSO, a leading global supplier of advanced automotive technology, systems and components, employs approximately 150,000 people in more than 200 subsidiaries in 38 countries and regions. DENSO's product categories include powertrain, climate control, body electronics, driving control and safety, and information and communication. Known worldwide for its technology and high manufacturing standards, DENSO is dedicated to contributing to an advanced automotive society where people, cars and the environment coexist in harmony.