ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Assistant General Counsel - Real Estate & Administration Legal Dept.
June 28, 2018
New York, New York
Full Time - Assistant GC
0-5 years experience
Insurance, Real Estate, Retail
Assistant General Counsel - Real Estate & Administration
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
The Global Corporate Real Estate | Administration Legal Group is looking for an Assistant General Counsel to join its New York office.
This position will report to the Associate General Counsel. Performance objectives in this position are as follows:
1) Effectively Interact with Corporate Leasing Department, Facilities Department, Administration Delivery Services, Global Security, Corporate Travel & Meetings and Events, Global Mobility, domestic and international AIG's in-house counsel, to ensure that all internal client needs are met both domestically and internationally.
2) Drafts, review, strategize and negotiate legal documents (including but not limited to Lease Agreements and Amendments, Sublease Agreements, Cancellation and Release Agreements, Commencement Date Agreements, Parking Agreements, Assignment and Assumption Agreements, Consent to Assignment / Sublease Agreements, Settlement Agreements, Tenant Estoppel Certificates, Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements, Brokerage Agreements, Maintenance Contracts, Letters of Indemnification, Master Services Agreements, Amendments to Services Agreements, Mutual Nondisclosure Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase Orders, Hold Harmless Agreements, Event Agreements, International Corporate Apartment Leases, renewal and terminations, Corp. Aviation Agreements including flight services and aircraft maintenance) in support of #1 above.
3) Retain outside counsel and law firms when necessary, coordinate and supervise their work, and make certain that legal services to AIG Business Units are provided in a timely fashion.
4) Provide legal support for the day-to-day operations of leased locations throughout the tenancy.
5) Conducts legal research and analysis and prepares memoranda of law.
6) Maintains general contact and communicates regularly with AIG's outside counsel, (if any), third parties and internal stakeholders regarding corporate and commercial matters.
7) Drafts standardized templates of legal documents and/or revised existing standardized templates of legal documents in order to include most up to date AIG's standard provisions (including but not limited to Lease Agreements and Amendments, Sublease Agreements, Cancellation and Release Agreements, Commencement Date Agreements, Parking Agreements, Assignment and Assumption Agreements, Consent to Assignment / Sublease Agreements, Settlement Agreements, Brokerage Agreements, Maintenance Contracts, Letters of Indemnification, Master Services Agreements, Amendments to Services Agreements, Mutual Nondisclosure Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase Orders, Hold Harmless Agreements, Event Agreements, International Corporate Apartment Leases, renewal and terminations, Corp. Aviation Agreements including flight services and aircraft maintenance) in support of #1 and # 2 above.
8) Oversees all legal, regulatory and legislative initiatives of internal business clients listed in #1 and when presented with a problem, potential issue or initiative in connection with the support provided to all internal business clients, maintain internal stakeholders aware of problem, potential issue or initiative status, investigate facts, collect information, conduct research (if necessary), present practical solutions or strategies to said problem, potential issue or initiative and, when necessary, lead the implementation of strategy or resolution of the problem, potential issue or initiative.
9) Conduct Due Diligence on various projects with Corporate Legal – Mergers & Acquisition.
10) Integrate acquired entities real estate portfolio into Real Estate Legal Department and provide legal support on a going forward basis.
11) Provide legal supervision of Tax Certiorari Proceedings for AIG Owned or Leased Real Estate domestically.
12) Training, mentoring and developing department's paralegals to negotiate legal documents in support to internal business clients listed in #1 above.
Attorney with approximately 3 – 6 years of major law firm or relevant in-house experience with a demonstrated focus on Real Estate leasing, vendor sourcing contracts, including Corporate Travel, Meetings & Events, Corporate Security, Mail & Print, Fleet, Facilities and Property Management and related corporate services
J.D. with strong academic credentials required and NY State admission
New York State Real Estate Broker’s License
Ability and desire to take on multiple clients and effectively prioritize projects and assignments for each client
Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as strong organizational and project management skills
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong focus on teamwork. Should be able to effectively lead implementation of a variety of departmental projects and tasks with the support of paralegals
Should be able to engage in direct negotiation with third parties and demonstrate drafting skills relating to matters of economic and/or legal importance
Should be able to provide counsel, advice and strategic analysis to business units, functions, or operating teams in connection with discrete matters of significance, involving multiple stakeholders and subject to moderate supervision by more senior attorney
Additional Salary Information: Package consisting of annual base + annual short term incentive bonus target
Internal Number: JR1807204
About Us American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance company. Tracing its roots to a company started in Shanghai in 1919, today AIG provides a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG’s diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks, and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange under the symbol “AIG”.AIG Commercial Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products for commercial and institutional customers through one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. AIG Commercial Insurance offers one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, through its diversified, multichannel distribution network, benefitting from its strong capital position.AIG Consumer Insurance is a premier provider of insurance products for individuals and families including select consumer property insurance offerings, life insurance protection..., and retirement products. AIG has one of the largest life insurance, annuity and retirement services businesses in the United States with one of the broadest distribution networks and most diverse product offerings in the industry. AIG Consumer Insurance serves in the U.S. alone 18 million customers with life insurance products and retirement services.Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
BACK TO TOP
Have Questions about In-house Jobline? View our online tutorials for job seekers or employers or call our helpdesk at:
1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required)