ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Counsel to provide legal services and counsel to Blue Cross NC on various legal matters including interpretation and application of laws and regulations, as well as contractual relations and liability matters. This position will focus on corporate law which may include corporate governance, employment, vendor contracting, mergers and acquisitions and HIPAA privacy and security.
• Advises and counsels middle and senior levels of management on diverse issues of law that arise in the Company’s business operations; researches and prepares legal memoranda and opinions to apply technical legal knowledge to varying business situations and personnel issues; assists Company management with risk identification and management.
• Drafts, negotiates, and reviews legal agreements. Drafts and reviews significant correspondence and other documents on behalf of the Company.
• Represents the Company before federal and state regulatory authorities with jurisdiction over the Company. Assists the Company with assuring compliance with all law and regulations governing its business, including preparation and timely submission of mandated regulatory filings.
• Provides client training on timely and relevant legal issues.
• Researches, interprets, and advises on statutory and case law, administrative rules, and regulations. Monitors legislative and regulatory proposals, evaluates such proposals, and assists Company management with formulating the Company’s position of these matters.
• Responds to administrative complaints and information requests and represents the Company in such matters. Negotiates settlements of disputes and administrative complaints.
• Researches and prepares legal memoranda concerning unusual questions having limited precedent and involving developing areas of the law or novel questions.
• Prepares reasoned opinions on moderately complex legal questions, prepares or advises on unusual contracts or filings.
• Must be a graduate of an accredited law school
• 3 years of general legal experience or, in the alternative, 3 years of related experience in the Company or a similar setting
• Licensed to practice law in North Carolina or must obtain License within 1 year of employment
• Corporate law experience preferred including corporate governance, employment, vendor contracting, mergers and acquisitions, HIPAA privacy and security.
• Experience in health care industry is preferred
• Effective oral and written communication; strong problem solving skills; possesses knowledge of health care industry; ability to work well individually and as a team member
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care ? in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,900 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.9 million customers.Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.