ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
The position reports to the Director, Associate General Counsel. The successful candidate will be a member of the enterprise legal team responsible for providing advice and counsel primarily on corporate matters, including securities offerings, corporate governance, public filings and mergers and acquisitions matters. The position is located in the Company’s Arlington, VA office.
The Company is looking for a self-starter who is well organized, detail oriented and hardworking and has the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Advise on securities laws, exchange listing requirements, Delaware general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law matters.
* Assist with Parent Company corporate governance matters, including the board meeting process, which includes preparation of board materials for the legal department.
* Assist with legal aspects of SEC reporting, including registration statements, reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and Section 16 reporting.
* Ensure compliance with the Company’s Charter, Bylaws, Board and Management Committee charters, policies as well as best practices, applicable and regulation.
* Manage corporate governance matters related to the Company’s subsidiaries.
* Advise the Company’s Risk team with respect to governance issues including reviewing board approved policies.
* Provide practical legal counsel and develop creative solutions to internal business issues by assessing potential risks, benefits and consequences of decisions, present alternatives and propose solutions to achieve business objectives while effectively managing legal and practical business considerations.
* J.D. from a highly respected law school, with superior academic credentials.
* Member in good standing of a state bar.
* 5+ years of legal experience.
* Prior experience from a top ranked law firm.
* Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with special emphasis on excellent drafting, negotiation skills and exceptional attention to detail.
* Ability to identify issues and suggest improvements to form agreements, policies and procedures.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills strong initiative and hard-working ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
* Highly motivated, self-starter.
* Prior in-house experience with a publicly traded company is a plus, but not required.