ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
This position will be based in Hong Kong (with travel throughout Asia) and will directly report to VF’s Senior Director, Ethics and Compliance. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and delivering VF’s Ethics and Compliance Program for the Asia region, including identifying critical issues and risks, conducting investigations, identifying compliance controls and gaps, designing and providing training, implementing remediation measures and promoting a culture of compliance and ethics in the region.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Influence and collaborate with business leaders, the Law Department, Internal Audit, Human Resources, Supply Chain and others to define and implement the regional ethics and compliance strategy while monitoring risk, industry trends and new regulations
• Maintain current knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, and monitor advancements in best practices
• Manage third-party compliance issues including due diligence, training and investigations
• Lead regional risk assessments and related ongoing monitoring activities; assist with the development/implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to mitigate such risks
• Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and the Code of Conduct in the region by evaluating incidents and recommending appropriate action
• Work closely with Supply Chain, the Law Department and Responsible Sourcing on development and implementation of plans and policies, and on addressing issues, including responses to compliance incidents
• Proactively champion the Ethics and Compliance Program in the region; create a framework for a culture of compliance within Asia that is communicated to associates at all levels of the Company
• Oversee, direct, develop, or ensure delivery of training and awareness initiatives to relevant employees and appropriate third parties; tailor messaging to consider cultural differences and ensure comprehension and compliance
• Report on a regular basis to keep management informed of compliance efforts and proactively raise issues and potential gaps
• Legal degree and minimum of 7 years of previous compliance experience highly preferred
• Understanding of complex legal compliance issues in a manufacturing or distribution environment is required
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize effectively in a high-paced environment
• Strong analytical, planning, and problem solving skills
• Strong decision-making capabilities and ability to identify problems and propose creative, effective and practical solutions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to provide guidance on complex matters in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to present sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions
• Proficiency in English and Chinese required
• Ability to work confidently within groups in a multi-cultural environment and respond to global/cultural sensitivities
• Team player with a positive attitude and high degree of personal integrity
Internal Number: R-20171117-0059
About VF Corporation
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with a diverse portfolio of more than 30 iconic brands, 64,000 associates from around the world and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into five coalitions: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, Sportswear and Contemporary Brands. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage. Our five largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland® and Lee®. Other brands include Bulwark®, Eagle Creek®, Eastpak®, JanSport®, Kipling®, Majestic®, Napapijri®, Red Kap®, Reef®, Riders®, Splendid® and SmartWool®. VF Quick Facts: • 30+ brands • 64,000 associates around the world • 170 countries worldwide • $12.4 billion in revenue • 116 years of achievements and growth • No. 1 manufacturer of denim