ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Company: Mentor Graphics Job Title: Legal Counsel -Labor and Employment - 7895 Job Location: USA – OR - Wilsonville Job Category: Legal
• Provide legal support for all Labor/Employment needs of a global company.
• Prepare legal documents, including separation agreements, policies, incentive plans, legal memos, responses to charges of discrimination, and employment agreements.
• Provide counsel to human resources and executive management on Labor/Employment matters, including employee relations, recruiting and hiring, harassment and discrimination, policies, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, government audits, reductions inforce, wage and hour matters, and non-competition agreements.
• Proactively monitor and advise business clients on labor and employment laws across the U.S. and globally.
• Minimal oversight of litigation and outside counsel.
• Mid-level attorney with 5+ years of experience practicing labor and employment law.
• Will report to head of labor and employment law group for Siemens PLM Software. Mentor Graphics operates as part of the Siemens PLM Software business.
• Position requires strong counseling and advice skills, broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws, familiarity with international labor and employment laws, ability to prepare and present training, knowledge of online research tools, and the ability to address legal issues proactively.
• Candidate must be able to work independently in a team oriented culture.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with managers and department leaders.
• Prior in-house experience preferred; international experience also strongly preferred.
• Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon or licensed in any state and ability to obtain a restricted license to practice as an in-house attorney in Oregon
• This is an ongoing part-time position for approximately 30 hours per week in Mentor Graphics’ Wilsonville, Oregon headquarters office.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: 7895
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board, and system design.