ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
General Commercial/Contracts, Intellectual Property
Wolters Kluwer is looking for a legal counsel with transactional technology/outsourcing experience to work out of our Riverwoods, IL office.
Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a global leader in professional information products and services. Headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, we serve customers in over 180 countries, maintain operations in over 40 countries and employ 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. Through four global operating divisions (Tax & Accounting, Legal & Regulatory, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), and Health), Wolters Kluwer provides information, tools and solutions that help professionals make their most critical decisions effectively and improve their productivity. The Company operates under well-known brand names such as CCH®, CT Corporation, Aspen Publishers, Kluwer Law International, Wolters Kluwer Health, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, UpToDate®, Ovid®, ProVation® Medical, Pharmacy OneSource, Health Language, TeamMate®, Lexi-Comp, Facts & Comparisons®, Medi-Span®, Wolters Kluwer Financial Services, Bankers Systems, Gainskeeper®, and ARC Logics.
The Global Business Services (“GBS”) Legal Counsel is a member of the GBS Legal team of lawyers and contract managers who support Wolters Kluwer’s global shared-services organizations, including Wolters Kluwer’s central technology-and sourcing teams. The GBS Legal Counsel directly supports a broad range of transactions with suppliers of technology and services, as well as real-estate transactions. The GBS Legal Counsel must draft, negotiate and manage Wolters Kluwer’s contracts with vendors, particularly the areas of technology, consulting and outsourcing, while working in close coordination with sourcing, finance and technology business teams. The GBS Legal Counsel also must advise the global shared services organizations on legal matters related to their operations, including intellectual property, open-source software, privacy and cybersecurity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drafting and negotiation of vendor contracts across a broad range of products and services consumed by Wolters Kluwer, with an emphasis on software license and support agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, cloud hosting agreements and technology services master agreements and statements of work
• Management of a complex portfolio of vendor agreements and related issues with multiple stakeholders, seeking guidance on prioritization and managing expectations appropriately
• Advising Wolters Kluwer’s global sourcing organization in the development and execution of requests for proposals and other sourcing activities
• Development and support of Wolters Kluwer’s technology policies, including policies for cybersecurity and open-source software, as well as related training and compliance programs
• Support of business and legal teams in workouts and disputes involving Wolters Kluwer’s technology vendors
• Collaboration with M&A teams on technology and intellectual-property issues that arise in acquisitions and divestitures, including vendor agreements and open-source software
• Support for Wolters Kluwer’s real-estate portfolio, including negotiation of property leases and related agreements (directly or working with external counsel)
• Proactive provision of advice to Wolters Kluwer’s GBS and technology leaders on compliance with applicable laws, including in areas of privacy and cybersecurity, by maintaining personal expertise and also leveraging specialists and lawyers in other jurisdictions
• Cultivation of strong working relationships with GBS and technology business teams through solid business acumen based on a solid understanding of Wolters Kluwer’s diverse business units, as well as experience with technology and related legal issues
• Candidates must have a law degree (J.D. or L.L.B.) from a nationally recognized educational institution.
• At least six years+ of experience in the practice of law
• Experience must include a nationally recognized law firm or the corporate law department of a medium-to-large-sized company.
• Experience must include hands-on drafting and negotiation of technology agreements including software license and support agreements, software-as-a-service (SaaS) agreements and consulting agreements (master agreements and statements of work)
• Negotiation of real-estate leases and related agreements
• Representation of both buyers and vendors in a wide variety of technology products and services
• Experience with enterprise licensing rules and procedures of large global software and technology vendors
• Drafting and negotiation of complex outsourcing services agreements, including both master agreements and contract schedules
• Experience conducting negotiations in a global, matrixed environment managing urgent priorities from multiple stakeholders
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (495) 4771.
Internal Number: 17-17323
About Wolters Kluwer
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYWolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action e...mployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.