ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Intuit is looking for a talented patent attorney experienced in strategic patent portfolio generation, as well as advising legal and business teams on the same, to join our dynamic Intellectual Property Practice Group. You'll be one of the primary legal contacts partnering with Intuit's business units on patent related matters.
Primary duties will include developing and maintaining client relationships, driving growth of Intuit’s patent program, which includes development of patent strategy, solicitation and evaluation of invention disclosures, and supervising outside patent counsel. This position also provides transactional IP support, manages IP related third party disputes, patent litigation support, and handling various patent and technology related matters as they arise.
Additional responsibilities may include patent licensing matters and IP support for mergers and acquisitions. Opportunity exists to gain experience in other areas of law, as well as leadership experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with a strong innovation culture and be part of an exciting group that is in the process of growing a strong intellectual property program.
- World-wide patent portfolio growth within Intuit's businesses
- Regularly interact with business leaders and creative teams
- Manage outside patent counsel in preparation and prosecution of patent applications
- Support patent litigation; IP support for M&A projects
- Legal support for use of, and contribution to, open source by engineering teams
- Provide IP related transactional support
- Lead and/or participate in IP Team and Legal Department initiatives
- Experienced in-house patent portfolio manager
- Proven ability in working with creative teams to discover innovative work
- Experience supporting IP litigation, M&A
- Experience in supporting contract and transactional teams
- Experience with open source licensing is a plus
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a patent attorney
- USPTO registered patent attorney, licensed in California
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or IT related field
- At least 2 years of experience with patent preparation and prosecution
The ideal candidate has proven good business judgement, confidence in influencing decision making processes, effective communication and presentation skills, and business focused client counseling. Must be adept at balancing risk and opportunity, creative problem solving, and working with the business to make smart decisions. Must have a sense of humor.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Internal Number: 00129753
BACK TO TOP
Have Questions about In-house Jobline? View our online tutorials for job seekers or employers or call our helpdesk at:
1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required)