ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Joining Citizens Business Bank means connecting with a team of dedicated associates that continually strive for new and innovative ways to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. As a top ranked bank, life at our company includes a working environment that thrives on collaboration, integrity, and mutual respect for one another. We encourage our associates to ask questions, learn, care deeply, and make an impact. Our dedication to customers and associates is at the core of our business culture and is represented by five core values: financial strength, superior people, customer focus, cost-effective operation, and having fun.
Associate General Counsel
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
*Provides analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues for CVB Financial Corp, its primary banking subsidiary, Citizens Business Bank, and other subsidiaries and related entities (collectively, the “Company”).
* Proactively anticipates and guards against legal risks facing the Company, in the course of providing legal advice and counsel for the Company’s various business units and corporate departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including the following):
* Ability to work collaboratively with all Company departments on matters involving legal risk.
* Renders legal advice, drafts and/or reviews documentation to the Bank’s operating units for commercial and real estate transactions, letters of credit and other credit-related services, deposit services and other operational matters.
* Renders legal advice on employment matters, including, but not limited to, executive and associate compensation, discipline and terminations.
* Reviews all marketing and advertising materials, including bank disclosures and agreements, for legal compliance.
* Keeps senior management, the Chief Risk Officer, and other appropriate Bank associates apprised of significant changes to laws and regulations that may impact the Company.
* Assists in the negotiation and drafting of Company leases and vendor contracts, and, when appropriate, assists in obtaining regulatory approvals for opening, closing or relocating Business Financial Centers.
* Ability to work with the FDIC, California DBO, SEC and other governmental agencies, federal and state, that regulate Company activities.
* Provides pre-litigation advice in connection with lawsuits involving the Company and retains and supervises outside counsel for litigation matters and other special situations, including administrative cases and investigations, where the assistance of outside counsel is required.
Reviews, develops and provides legal advice on the Bank’s policies, procedures and administrative processes, including those related to insider trading, outside counsel retention, fraud and cybersecurity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Juris Doctorate and five (5) to (10) ten years of banking or law firm experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Specific experience with regulated financial institutions is highly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Current California Driver’s license
Currently licensed to practice law in California
About Citizens Business Bank
12Billion AUM Commercial Bank Headquartered in Ontario, CA.