RESPONSIBILITIESThe Associate Counsel will be responsible for and involved in a wide range of legal and corporate matters. Key responsibilities include:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including software, technology, services, vendor, reseller, manufacturer, licensing, and other commercial contracts
- Advise and provide guidance on legal issues relating to commercial terms, compliance, privacy, security, and regulatory matters
- Work closely with legal, executive, sales, and other business teams to provide general legal advice and support and assist in scaling legal and business processes
- Develop and drive compliance policies and procedures designed to enhance regulatory and business standards compliance and support the company’s business and strategic objectives
- Supervise and coordinate with outside counsel as necessary
- J.D. from a leading law school
- Membership in or eligibility for admission to the Virginia Bar (including Corporate Counsel admission)
- 4+ years relevant experience in an in-house or large law firm environment, with software or technology industry experience and SEC/public company experience a plus
- Significant experience negotiating, drafting and reviewing broad range of commercial contracts
- Familiarity with a wide range of legal matters including corporate, commercial, privacy, litigation, IP, regulatory, and compliance issues; demonstrated ability/interest in becoming a corporate generalist
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a growing company
- Team player with a high level of professionalism and commitment to developing strong relationships with colleagues, internal clients, and business teams across the enterprise
- Experience with, and enthusiasm for, process improvement, and problem solving
- Superior interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Proven organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Highly skilled in standard office software and able to adapt quickly to new technologies
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer