ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Philips is a global health and well-being company operating across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment, recovery and home care. We have a presence in over a 100 countries and a workforce of over 100,000 employees committed to making the world healthier and more sustainable through meaningful innovation. It is our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025.
At Philips, we work closely with our customers, clinical partners and opinion leaders from around the world to address the multiple, often conflicting challenges, facing health care today. We combine deep human insights and cutting edge clinical expertise to deliver products, services, software and solutions designed to improve patient outcomes while lowering the cost of care. We deliver these advanced solutions to health care professionals to meet the needs of individual patients and hospital systems, and to empowered consumers wherever they are in the health continuum.
Philips' collaborative business groups put people at the center of everything we do to simplify and improve health care. Modern health care demands integrated solutions across the health continuum and our people focused approach delivers this through multiple digital technologies and connected and wearable devices. We mine and analyze enormous volumes of health related data to improve clinical decision-making and performance, as well as personal lifestyle choices. Our HeatlhSuite digital platform is further transforming health care by democratizing the availability of health care information and solutions. For more information about our businesses and how we make life better, please visit www.Philips.com.
The Law Department is an integral part of Philips. Like our products, services and solutions, we make a difference. We are dedicated to providing high quality legal services on a timely basis to our colleagues around the world so that we as a company can not only better serve our customers but also the communities we serve and in which we live. At Philips, lawyers are assigned to specific businesses so that they can develop deep insights into the legal, clinical, social, and political issues affecting them. After a few years, they are reassigned so to leverage their accumulated experience in other businesses. Our goal is to provide a work environment that continually challenges intellectually and professionally and provides the opportunity to do our life's best work. We are convinced that by continually expanding our perspective, we will contribute to our corporate goals of improving patient outcomes, reducing the complexity and cost of delivering excellent health care, and helping people live longer, fuller lives in dignity and with respect. We seek a like-minded legal professional to join us in our Andover MA location
· Provide legal support to Philips' multiple informatics, big data, IT-related services, SaaS businesses as well as its branded digital health platform. These businesses develop, manufacture, and sell sophisticated clinical, health and wellness related software applications and associated devices, along with related consulting and support services
· Provide informed legal counselling and commercial contracting support for the applicable businesses R&D, procurement, manufacturing, marketing, sales and service activities
· Coordinate and facilitate other related business initiatives when applicable
· Develop and deliver internal training materials to your clients with respect to compliance and legal matters related to all of the above
3-7 years in-house or law firm experience within a relevant health care related company with substantive experience skill set:
· Counseling on the proper use of health care and other personal data for R&D, marketing, and other commercial uses, under HIPAA and other applicable law;
· Applying health care Compliance laws (i.e. among others Medicare Fraud and Abuse, the Personal Services Safe Harbor, and Sunshine Law) to commercial activities.
· Providing successful legal commercial/transactional support for the purchase and sale of IT products, services and solutions; software; hardware; consulting services; and support services.
· Identifying business and legal risks and offering creative solutions and counseling based on a reasonable balance of the applicable issues;
· A collegial, cooperative and an open person who enjoys being a team player and builder in a rapidly changing environment, and feels comfortable working in a global environment on projects involving professionals from around the world.
· J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school and admission to a state bar
· Ability to travel
· Persuasive presentation and counseling skills
· Excellent contract drafting skills
· Strategic thinker
· A keen interest in all types of technology
· A passion about improving how health care is delivered.
· Providing clear ethical guidance in all aspects of work.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.