ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Corporate, Corporate Generalist, General Commercial/Contracts
Our client is a leading multinational manufacturer and supplier of high end performance products.
They are seeking an attorney to manage day-to-day legal affairs and report to the North American VP, General Counsel and Secretary. In this highly visible role, the Associate General Counsel will have extensive management interaction, challenging and engaging work.
The Associate General Counsel will be responsible for the North America Region's day-to-day legal matters, including identifying and analyzing legal issues, negotiating and drafting contracts and other business documents, overseeing and counseling on corporate governance matters, counseling and presenting clear recommendations to management, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and overall project management, including management of outside counsel.
Major responsibilities will include:
* Reviewing, negotiating and drafting all types of commercial contracts including, among others: supply and distribution agreements, manufacturing agreements, vendor/sales agreements and services agreements.
* Responsible for reviewing all contracts for the U.S. and Canada and advising on global agreements, including the management of the supply-chain in all aspects of manufacturing, storing and distributing products. Create templates and procedures in order to streamline and manage a significant number of agreements.
* Providing advice on the interpretation of contracts, laws and regulations, including antitrust laws and regulations.
* Providing corporate governance support: assist in managing the governance function and creating meeting agendas and minutes all North American entities.
Corporate formation; Delaware corporation law. Address all areas of creating new businesses from both a legal and operational perspective, including importing, exporting, transporting, selling and invoicing.
Ensure full compliance with all corporate policies. Define and develop corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
Assume responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
* Advising and collaborating with management on significant legal issues impacting business activities to facilitate risk assessment and developing practical business solutions.
* Coordinating with other legal experts in specialized areas as may be necessary such as intellectual property, environmental, litigation, employee benefits and labor and employment law and tax.
* Some travel required (10 - 20%).
* Three to Five years of legal experience, including substantial time with a high quality law firm. Additional in-house experience not required, but a plus.
* Outstanding academic credentials, including strong law school performance.
* Fluency with the standard practices, concepts and procedures of contracts and general business and corporate law.
* Plain speaking, common sense approach to rendering advice and working with others to meet goals and objectives.
Skills and Competencies
* Proven self-starter, results-oriented, confident, high-energy team player.
* Ability to assume ownership and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to clearly and accurately identify legal issues, place them in business context and provide actionable legal counsel to business leaders.
* Ability to think and address business issues strategically and tactically.
* High-degree of integrity and capacity to inspire the confidence of senior management.
* Demonstrated ability to handle high-pressure situations, including meeting deadlines.
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the maturity to take direction from others as necessary.
* Ability to maintain rapport with peers, subordinates and consultants.
* Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, as well as adapt to changing situations.
The company will offer a competitive base salary and bonus opportunity.
About The PeterSan Group
In 1994, Sandrea Friedman, Peter Goldfeder and Peter Gosule founded The PeterSan Group, one of the nation’s premier legal search and consulting firms. We are a full service legal search firm, placing attorneys in all facets of the legal market. Our team of experienced legal search consultants services all our clients’ hiring needs in a professional and timely manner.
We work closely with our clients to establish a comprehensive understanding of the particular needs of every search. We then conduct each search in a highly confidential and professional manner. Our comprehensive and state-of-the-art database enables us to efficiently match the most qualified attorneys for each search. For attorneys, that means we provide individualized attention and offer career alternatives that make sense for that person’s particular goals. For employers, that means we will introduce a select group of attorneys who are truly what you’re looking for.
The PeterSan Group has unmatched depth in in-house placement. From General Counsel, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Chief Compliance Counsel, and Heads of Corporate and Litigation to more junior searches, we have helped hundreds of attorne...ys make the transition to in-house practice.
Searches are conducted on a retainer or contingency fee basis. Our clients include leading law firms worldwide as well as financial institutions, investment banks, consumer product, aerospace, chemical, healthcare, pharmaceutical, entertainment, new media, and other Fortune 500 companies.