ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Are you seeking a new position of Corporate Legal Counsel where your work will impact global business decisions? Does a role providing a mix of short-term and long-term projects interest you? If you have relevant experience in an Industrial or Commercial products business this role may be for you!
ITT's Industrial Process (IP) business, has an extensive portfolio of leading edge technology in pumping systems, valves, control systems and services that serve the oil and gas, mining, chemical, power generation, biopharmaceutical and general industries markets. ITT's Industrial Process business includes approximately 3,200 employees at 16 global manufacturing locations.
Summary : Provide legal counsel and guidance to the officers and employees of all the Industrial Process (IP) businesses worldwide on a variety of matters and initiatives that will have a positive impact on the success of the IP Businesses and IP Functions.
1. Supporting IP's Global Sales & Operations teams: Draft, review and negotiate contract terms for Customer Purchase Orders, Strategic Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and related legal documents.
2. Review and negotiate other legal documents including: Long Term Strategic Accounts Indemnity Agreements, Service Agreements, Extended Warranty Agreements, Change Orders, Lien Waivers, Service Agreements, Bank Guarantees, Letters of Credit, Settlement and Release Agreements, and LOA/LOIs.
3. Global coverage includes: North America (US and Canada), Latin America, Asia Pacific, Australia, India, various EU locations, Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern sites.
4. Coordinate with colleagues within IP Legal and others in the broader legal department to develop, update and maintain consistent contracting practices – especially the IP 500 contracting process. Revise and update, as required, substantive templates and training materials for sales and project managers and employees.
5. Where specialized legal support is required, serving as a liaison in engaging support from other functions within the organization, such as Finance, Tax, Trade, Treasury.
6. Support Project Managers, Sales Teams or equivalent for all sites – Seneca Falls, ESLA, Houston, Axminister, Korea, Saudi, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Order Entry (Athens), Engineered Valves Group, C’Treat and the Aftermarket Group worldwide.
7. Assist and represent the company in negotiating directly with customers, EPCs and end-users both on conference calls and in person.
8. Assist with review of Security Instruments for all sales.
9. Assist the Sales, Pro Services and Operations teams in recognizing all levels of risk and develop unique vendor/contract terms to mitigate those risks.
10. Understand the social and cultural nuances in doing business in different regions of the world.
11. Manage and facilitate updates to all commercial guidelines and related forms on an ongoing basis.
12. Assist Sales, Operations and the Sr. Leadership team with assessing and mitigating risk as well as advice and counsel management on legal and business matters and risk management.
13. Identify warranty issues as they arise and assist team in resolving such issues.
14. Prepare and conduct periodic training sessions to Sales and Operation teams globally on commercial process and policies (WebEx training, On-line Training Modules in LMS and in-person training sessions).
Candidates should display competency in the areas of Integrity, Value-Based Decision Making, Lead with Character/Collaboration and Teamwork/Influence, Effective Communication, Prioritization and Planning.
Experience and Education:
•Member of the bar of at least one US state, preferably the NY Bar. •JD with a minimum of ten years of experience practicing law. •Corporate legal experience within global industrial markets preferred and some law firm experience required. •Six Sigma certification is helpful. •Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills. •Wide ranging experience negotiating with customers/end-users and EPC contracting is required. •Familiarity with commercial and corporate legal issues facing industrial companies is highly beneficial. •Maturity and ability to function independently. •Excellent professional ethics, integrity and judgment.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT ITT CORPORATION
ITT Corporation (www.itt.com) is a diversified high-technology engineering and manufacturing company dedicated to creating more livable environments, enabling communications and providing protection and safety. The company plays an important role in vital markets including water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control. Headquartered in... White Plains, N.Y., the company ITT employs approximately 40,000 people and generated $9 billion in 2007 sales.