ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
The Office of the General Counsel for the Illinois Agricultural Association and COUNTRY Financial is seeking an Attorney I in our Bloomington, Ill. Home Offices. The role provides a wide range of legal support services to Illinois Agricultural Association (IAA) and Affiliated Companies and directly assists senior counsel on all corporate legal matters as requested in order to carry out the goals of the Office of the General Counsel. Illinois Agricultural Association is the parent company of COUNTRY Financial.
Primary Practice Areas: Employee Benefits and Tax
This position will represent the interests of IAA and its affiliated companies (including COUNTRY Financial) in a wide-array of subjects. We anticipate that 75% of the work for this position will be in the area of employee benefits law, and 25% will be tax law. The subjects covered by this position will include:
• Employee Benefits: advising the companies with regard to welfare, pension, deferred compensation, and other qualified plans and bonus programs, and related state and federal laws, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, HIPAA, COBRA, and GINA.
• Tax: advising the companies regarding information reporting, responding to IRS levies, consolidated tax returns, tax allocation agreements and financial product taxation. Address various tax issues involved with tax-exempt entities and qualified retirement plans.
• General Corporate: This position will involve providing legal services on a variety of general corporate matters as requested, including but not limited to (a) corporate governance matters; (b) handling a variety of matters with government agencies; (c) preparing, reviewing and interpreting contracts, and other legal documents; and (d) researching and preparing responses to company representatives as requested in a variety of legal areas.
• Works closely with paralegals on various matters including but not limited to legal research, regulatory filings, record retention and production, legal holds, subpoenas, and inter-affiliate transactions.
• Has opportunities for cross-practice experience on various projects related to banking and securities, insurance, corporate governance, e-commerce, e-signature, social media and technology, employment, intellectual property, litigation, transactional and real estate.
Law degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school and Bar Admittance in Illinois (Full or In-House).
Current with continuing legal education requirements set by the Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board of the Supreme Court of Illinois.
At least two years of legal experience, including experience regarding employee benefits and tax law.
Demonstrates the working knowledge necessary to interpret a variety of laws and regulations impacting employee benefits and tax issues.
Possesses excellent legal skills, communication (oral and written) skills with public speaking and presentation skills, thorough analytical skills, and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively, receive constructive feedback, build consistent, strong and positive relationships with clients, co-workers, and outside counsel, and positively contribute to the office environment.
Demonstrates strong personal computer skills and the ability to organize work and set daily priorities.
This position may require occasional travel, including periodic overnight travel, driving and using various forms of transportation such as airplanes, trains, and buses. Candidate must be available to work flexible hours, as needed.
For more details about careers at Illinois Farm Bureau, please visit us online at www.ilfb.org/careers
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: some flexibility depending on experience
For more than 85 years, COUNTRY Financial has helped people protect what they have, save for a comfortable future and achieve financial security. COUNTRY Financial provides auto, home, life and business insurance, as well as retirement and investment services, to more than 1 million households and businesses.The organization’s more than 5,000 financial representatives and employees work closely wi...th customers to create insurance and investment programs that meet their financial objectives. We care about the community, supporting national and regional non-profit groups across the country.We’ve delivered on our promises to customers since 1925, when a group of Illinois Farm Bureau members established the insurance company to provide fire insurance on their property. Auto insurance was added in 1927, followed by life insurance in 1929.COUNTRY Financial is headquartered in Bloomington, Ill. and has annual revenue of $3.4B. Bloomington is located in Central Illinois within a few hours of Chicago and St. Louis. It boasts a thriving community including a very strong school system, two universities (Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan) and two colleges.For more information on Bloomington-Normal Illinois visit www.visitbn.org.