Our client, a significant bank with domestic and international offices is looking to hire a corporate/banking generalist with 6-8 years of experience. We are looking for an experienced Lawyer with general responsibility of handling issues pertaining to transactional, operational, regulatory, administrative, product, marketing, real estate, employment and litigation matters for the institution, among other things.
In this position, you will:
-Provide legal advice and support across all business and operations units, including, but not limited to, preparing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements and legal documents, such as purchase and sale agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, marketing agreements, sponsorship agreements, referral agreements, third party service provider agreements, license agreements, software agreements, commercial leases, term sheets, consumer and commercial loan documentation, product disclosures and standard terms and conditions, and commercial and retail banking forms and templates.
- Field inquiries, perform investigations and provide appropriate guidance on all matters pertaining to the institution’s retail banking network of branches.
- Proactively manage and coordinate with outside counsel on various litigation, transactional and regulatory engagements, among other things, and enforce outside counsel engagement and case management policies and procedures.
- Perform tasks relative to the planning, structuring and development of corporate transactions, in-house legal matters, contracting and vendor management issues and internal operations.
- Investigate and handle disputes and conduct internal investigations.
- Support internal governance and approval processes, including coordinating with compliance, administration, operations and other internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Participate in and supporting the resolution of non-performing loan portfolios, workout and bankruptcy matters.
- Conduct and coordinate day-to-day management, review, intake and handling of incoming pre-litigation demands, lawsuits and various types of discovery requests, in addition to including conducting research and analyzing matters in support of internal and external counsel.
To be considered, you will need:
- 6-8+ years of legal experience at a large/top-tier law firm or financial institution with emphasis on corporate transactional matters and financial services. Previous banking experience preferred.