This is a new Associate Counsel position located in Greensboro, NC that reports to the General Counsel. Qorvo is a rapidly growing, Nasdaq-listed semiconductor company offering a broad portfolio of radio frequency products and technologies for a diverse group of expanding markets, including smartphones and other mobile devices, high speed networks, defense and aerospace, and the Internet of Things. This is a unique opportunity to join a small Legal Department in its formative stage.
- Broad general transactional and general corporate responsibilities, including commercial transactions, employment matters, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance
- Provide broad-based employee training in compliance, governance, and other legal matters
- Present on legal matters to all levels of management
- Supervise outside counsel representing the company in select matters and legal proceedings
- Provide other support to the General Counsel and the company’s business units and other departments
- Some travel, both domestic and international
- JD degree from an accredited law school with top quartile academic performance
- Admitted to state bar in good standing in at least one US jurisdiction
- MBA degree a plus
- 5 to 10 years of experience, preferably with 2+ years of large law firm experience and 2+ years working in-house in a corporate law department
- Familiarity with technology businesses in general and semiconductor industry in particular is preferred
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate, including promoting practical solutions persuasively, working through conflict in a constructive way, negotiating win-win business-oriented solutions, and being respectful towards others in high-stakes circumstances
- Experience working on multiple projects with often rushed and short timelines
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure with flexible hours to address international matters
- Strong commitment to a career as an in-house attorney, including personal drive and all the tangible and intangible skills necessary for advancement to a general counsel position
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.