Cabot Microelectronics Corporation, a publicly traded (Nasdaq: CCMP) global technology company headquartered in the metropolitan Chicago area, seeks an experienced transactional/corporate attorney to serve as an Associate General Counsel; technology experience strongly preferred. Candidates should have a Juris Doctor degree from a top tier ABA accredited law school, and 4-7 years of professional experience in the area of corporate/transactional law with a top firm and/or corporation.
In addition, candidates should possess the following:
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment
- A client service orientation
- Experience in working in/with and advising public companies
- Experience in acquisition, due diligence and related transactions
- Experience in drafting and negotiating technology-related, customer, and supplier agreements
- Experience with HR and Labor/Employment a plus
- Experience with North and East-Asia focused businesses and/or languages (e.g. China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan) a plus
Position reports directly to the Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel. Competitive pay commensurate with experience and benefits offered.
Cabot Microelectronics hires qualified candidates who are authorized to work in the United States for any employer without restriction. This includes, U.S. citizens or nationals, U.S. legal permanent residents, temporary residents having legalization under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, those having been granted asylum and those having official refugee status. For foreign nationals who do not fall in one of the above categories, Cabot Microelectronics limits its hiring of persons requiring visa sponsorship of individuals currently on a non-immigrant visa (e.g., H-1,J-1,L-1,F-1,B-1,TN) to candidates at the PhD level, or having equivalent work experience, who are applying for positions for which there is a demonstrated shortage of qualified U.S. candidates.
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Additional information about Cabot Microelectronics is available on its website, www.cabotcmp.com.