Location: Atlanta or Chicago
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass insurance products, selectively focusing on key areas of expertise and strength, all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way.
Defined by our strong moral fibre we prioritise above all else the principle of doing what we say we will. Insuring the unique and interesting, our search for talent is the same. We empower our people to think creatively, challenge the status quo and approach things with a solutions focused lens. This results in us being able to provide the type of insurance solutions which are often too complex for other insurance companies, we find a way where others give up.
Our straight talking culture is not for everyone but allows us to strive to improve everything we do and never settle. Trust is integral to how we operate and it allows us to work in an environment where every role has a high level of autonomy; freedom to forge your path and help set the wider agenda is evident in all parts of the organisation. Through embracing an environment that brings together people who are unique and interesting we are ensuring we build a company where teams don’t all think the same – this, combined with a culture where courage to say what you think is not only actively encouraged but is central to our business model has defined our success.
If you thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment where you are trusted to work instinctively and know the company will stretch you to your full potential look no further.
At Hiscox our spirit is in Challenging Convention and everything we do is guided by our Values.
Courage: Do the right thing however hard
Quality: World class where it matters
Integrity: True to our word
Excellence in Execution: Consistent, timely, efficient delivery
Human: Firm, fair and inclusive
Hiscox USA was established in 2006 to focus primarily on the needs of small and middle market commercial clients, via both the broker and direct distribution channels. It is headquartered in New York City and is today the fastest-growing business unit within the Hiscox Group.
Today, Hiscox USA has a talent force of about 350 employees mostly operating out of 5 major cities - New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Hiscox USA offers a broad portfolio of commercial products, including technology, cyber & data risk, multiple professional liability lines, media, entertainment, management liability, crime, kidnap & ransom, commercial property and terrorism.
Role, Team & Responsibilities:
The US Claims team at Hiscox is a growing group of professionals with experience across private practice and in house roles, working together to provide the ultimate product we offer to the market. Claims counsel and analysts are empowered to manage their claims directly with high levels of authority to provide fair and fast resolution of claims for our insured and broker partners. With strong growth across the US business, the Claims team is focused on delivering profitability while reinforcing Hiscox’s strong brand built on a long history of outstanding claims handling.
The primary role of Claims Counsel is to analyze liability claim submissions for potential coverage, set adequate case reserves, promptly and professionally respond to inquiries from our clients and their brokers, and to proactively drive early resolution of claims arising from our Private and Not For Profit D&O and EPL policies.
Claims Counsel will manage a full pending of Executive Risks claims with D&O as a priority focus, as well as provide thought leadership in multiple forums within and outside of the company.. Claims Counsel will develop strong working relationships with underwriting.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hiscox USA, a growing business where you will be able to make a real impact. Together, we aim to be the best people producing the best insurance solutions and delivering the best service possible
- Strategize and maximize early settlement opportunities for D&O Claims
- Draft and Review coverage analyses
- Monitoring litigation and managing local defense counsel
- Continually assessing exposures and adequacy of claim reserves
- Drive employee engagement by exhibiting passion about the company, values, business and our customers
- Take lead in managing high exposure D&O claims on team
- Monitor litigation and manage local defense counsel
- Attend mediations and/or settlement conferences where appropriate
- Keep senior claims management adequately and appropriately informed of key issues
- Liaising directly on daily basis with insureds and brokers
- Maintaining timely and accurate file documentation/information in our claims management system
What Hiscox USA Offers
- Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
- Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
- 401(k) with competitive company matching
- 24 Paid time off days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
- Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
- Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
- Spirit of volunteerism, social responsibility and community involvement, including matching charitable donations for qualifying non-profits via our sister non-profit company, the Hiscox USA Foundation