Our client, the fastest growing product and service provider for consumer electronics is seeking to add a Deputy General Counsel to its legal team. This attorney will report to the General Counsel and manage a team of three professionals.
The ideal candidate will have 9 –15 years of legal experience, with at least four years as an in house attorney. S/he will possess significant experience drafting and negotiating strategic alliance, partnership, intellectual property and procurement-related agreements. Familiarity and understanding of intellectual property, licensing, privacy, data security and commercial law as well as employment law is desired. California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar) is required. Local candidates only (San Francisco Bay Area)
This attorney will possess exceptional judgment and creativity, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice appropriately weighing legal and business objectives. S/he will have an entrepreneurial mindset; will be flexible, self-starting and hard working. Other musts include: responsiveness, ability to operate with a sense of urgency and excellent writing and oral communication skills. The successful candidate will get along well with others and possess and even-keeled temperament.
- Operate as a senior legal team member in the company and work with and advise all of the company’s business teams on strategic legal matters.
- Define company legal policies in a wide variety of areas including corporate matters, employment, privacy and data security, finance, licensing, intellectual property, and many other areas.
- Review, draft and manage legal agreements, including major retailer partnerships, supply chain/sourcing deals, inbound/procurement, development and other complex commercial agreements.
- Advise on employment law matters, privacy and data security, corporate governance, real estate, marketing, trademark, and any other legal matters that arise.
- Manage outside counsel in specialty areas including the company’s global expansion.
- Stay on top of current and pending legislation to ensure that the company stays in compliance in all areas; develop internal policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Manage the legal effort on special transactions including financings, acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Work without supervision, independently initiate new legal projects and identify ways to improve the company’s processes and operations.
- Deliver timely, pragmatic, and business-focused legal counsel to company clients and other internal stakeholders.
This is an attractive opportunity that offers a critical senior level role for the company, a report to the GC, exciting and diverse responsibilities, management opportunity, great culture, reasonable hours, opportunity for career advancement and an awesome San Francisco location.
Solutus Legal Search has been exclusively retained by our client to conduct this search. Interested candidates must submit their resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Candidates bypassing Solutus and applying directly to our client will be redirected to Solutus for evaluation.